Clinton Woods Announces Retirement, Ends Long Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long sloppy.

Comment

it is about time,he has done nothing for the sport,to last this long i think was a sham,he should of left 14 years ago,but i will say if he wants to stay in the game i am sure there are a lot of teams that can use a water boy

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        it is about time,he has done nothing for the sport,to last this long i think was a sham,he should of left 14 years ago,but i will say if he wants to stay in the game i am sure there are a lot of teams that can use a water boy
        Negged for garbage.

Comment

Clinton Woods Announces Retirement, Ends Long Career

By Mark Vester

The recent decision loss to Tavoris Cloud was too much for Clinton Woods, 37, to take. The British fighter officially announced his retirement from boxing after a 15-year career that saw him win the light heavyweight crown and face fighters such as Roy Jones Jr, Glen Johnson, Julio Gonzalez and others.

"Cloud was a really good fighter and he's young, while maybe I'm too old for that level. In my hey-day I would have beaten him, but I have no excuses and I think my love affair with boxing is over. I wouldn't have chosen to have gone out with a defeat, but I never took a beating," Woods told The Star.

Woods admits that after watching the fight with Cloud, he saw that it was Cloud who controlled the pace in the fight.

"Yes, Cloud did hurt me in one of the rounds, but I felt at the time that the fight was closer than it actually was. When I watched it on video, I thought the first six rounds were even, but it is obvious that Cloud took it over from there. It was weird because at the time I read it completely wrong. I thought I had set the pace.

"There have been more ups than downs over 15 years. Beating Crawford Ashley for the European light-heavyweight title (1993) and winning the world title against Rico Hoye (2005) were the biggest highlights, along with beating Glen Johnson (2006.) It was good while it lasted and I am happy with what I achieved. I'm not a millionaire but I have made some money out of boxing. But I couldn't do nothing. I'd want to work a couple of days a week. I'll miss boxing, but I'll keep going to the gym."

Comment

sucks to see him go, i hope everything goes well for him.

Comment

Ah man, I wanted to see him win that last fight. Good luck, Clinton.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

He had a few good performances, my fav ones being the win over Johnson and stoppages over Hoye and Klemetsen. The Klemetsen KO was classy. But he didn't have too many bright moments. Jones embarrassed him.

Comment

he did his thing......cool dude outside the ropes as well!!.....I wish him the best!!

Comment

Woods needed to fight Cleverly.

Comment

I wish him well with whatever he wants to do, not many people in the UK can say they were in the ring with RJJ ......

Comment

Working...
                      X