Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two short clips of me (Please critique)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two short clips of me (Please critique)

Hey I made a video few weeks, or month back. I am not a boxer and soon I'll join a gym but until then I might aswel get better right? So here are two videos of me trying to train:

Tell me what you think..how can I improve?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM_yFPgRCls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxGBDVGjfM

thanks guys, constructive critism would be highly appreciated.

p.s when jump roping. how do you do the move where you take the handles and swing the rope side to side, then start jump roping again? Confused but would like to learn.

looks to me like you think your good and hoping we say o you dont box...wow your good. You look aight,looks like you watch boxing and think you know, but you wont know until you begin boxing and get in the ring for the first time.

Comment

Get to the gym ASAP.

Comment

not bad for a guy never in the gym before. Better than guys i seen in the gym after several months

Throw the left hand up higher and straight across. Just return the left hand up higher and try to throw combinations with one punch at a time. One hand has to always be back at the chin. Work on throwing punches at different distances and adding more movement.

Jump rope i would relax more and do it longer then ramp it really hard at the lasst minute or so. That way the body is warmed up and tired before you go for that last push

Comment

Lol..Souza2012 - I am not physically able to join a gym for a while, and I am using the best resources I can to be better. I do not think I'm good. if I did I wouldn't bother asking for constructive critisim. Anyways, I assumed i'd get smart ass remarks, there are bad eggs in every basket. But thank you to ricecrispi who is actually trying to help.

i'm not good, just trying to get better

Comment

**** you look damn good to me........especially for "Not being a boxer".

Comment

Nice man get to a gym, you have great potential for sure.

Comment

for someone who hasn't ever boxed you've got great handspeed. average power tho.

Comment

Ya skippings comming on but ya bag work needs improving A LOT. Throwing 8 punch combinations when your inexperienced dont mean ****. Try relaxing more, def more head movement when throwing ya shots and work on using a jab or the 1-2 instead of all that combination stuff at the moment. U need to dev a dominent assertive jab and a straight that the oposition is gonna respect.Oh and slow down for the time being and get the basics right.

Comment

-You should work on your foundation, you do not seem that stable on your feet.

-Keep your hands up when you hit the bag, its standing in front of you and not throwing back, you seem to throw your left without returning your right to proper position, and in a match you would get countered and countered and countered.

-Aim higher on the bag

-You shouldn't just hit the bag....bob, weave, chin down, hands up, time the bag movement.

Basically get to the gym and get quality training.

Comment

Working...
                    X