Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ricky Burns duck Broner again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see this fight happening, Warren would never let his fighter who also happens to be the champ to fight in America and why should he? Burns can have the fight in a stadium in Scotland and fill it up, HBO can televise the fight from Scotland if they want, And I don't see Broner coming to the champs hometown to try and claim the belt, So yes fight not happening.

Comment

Wont happen.

Despite what some have said, Burns is a far bigger draw over here than Broner is anywhere. He could easily move to a stadium and do 20,000+ against anybody, Broner couldn't do that.

Saying that, Broner would win.

Comment

People who don't know much on Burn's, he seems to train hard, a lot harder than most Brit's. He has decent skills and power. However his fitness is a key.

Comment

Burns hasn't impressed me but he's always exceeded my expectations, however if he does fight Broner this is where it ends.

Comment

I don't expect Broner to be his mandatory because he's fighting for the WBC title next.

I get the feeling Warren wants to make Burns-Harrison. A shame but not a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
              Broner literally offers nothing to Burns. What does he have? some HBO After Dark exposure? Some twitter followers? Please. Let Broner grab a title, sell out a venue, and have an actual fight at Lightweight first before saying Burns is ducking this kid. Burns is the champ right now. He calls the shots.
              Exactly.

People saying ' Burns should just come over to the US ', if only it was that easy. He's packing out arenas and making good money over here, it's not like HBO are going to offer him a good payday with exposure. Not yet, at least.

Ricky will be over fighting in the States at some point in his career.

Comment

This would be huge money in the UK, Warren needs to try convince Broner to come over. I can see Burns beating Broner, to be me Burns is the all round better fighter.

Comment

It would be stupid for Ricky to go to America to fight Broner in front of one man and his dog when he is packing out arenas.

As Ray said HBO can televise his fights if they want.

Comment

The reason the fight never came off is because Broner would not come to the uk

Burnes is the champ, if Broner agrees to fight in the uk, believe me the fight will happen

Comment

how is broner the mandatory? he doesnt bother making weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X