No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Home Depot Center, Los Angeles, California - Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 22KOs) made junior welterweight debut with a Fight of The Year battle, stopping previously undefeated Mike Alvarado (33-1, 23KOs) in the seventh round.

The first round alone lived up to the hype. Both boxers were exchanging very hard punches. Rios got the edge in connections and Alvardo's face was starting to swell. The second round was more of the same, as they stood on the inside for most of the three minutes and traded very hard shots. Rios was still outworking Alvarado a bit, but not by much and the action was close. The third round saw Alvardo start measuring Rios with the jab and landing hard shots in their continued war of power shots. Rios was coming back near the end of the round, and Alvarado's face was getting worse. The left side of his face was starting to swell up bad. [Click Here To Read More]

What a fight!! Just insane.

Comment

Great fight what a war!

Comment

FOTY. Oh my god. No words.

Comment

Rios is a monster!! I called a great late ko.Props to alvarado for a good effort.

Comment

bam bam haters, SUCK It! for months you've been saying Alvarado would beat him. eat your crow.

Comment

Rios is the new blood n guts warrior

Comment

MY GOODNESS!!! What a fight!!! I had it 3-3 before the 7th. 1, 3, 6 for. Rios... What a fight!

Comment

Funny how a couple months/weeks ago people were hating on Rios nonstop. Now they're calling him a monster in a good way.

Comment

Rios has a damn good chin and the heart of a warrior but that doesn't mean hes ready for elite level

Rios - Matthyse / Maidana

Make it happen

Comment

Working...
                    X