No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker vs Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell Whitaker vs Floyd Mayweather jr

Based on some interesting exchanges on my Benny Leonard vs Floyd Mayweather thread, I became interested in who would win between Whitaker and Mayweather, I believe Whitaker because in my opinion he has the better defense and throws a greater volume of punches. Thoughts?
    Pernell Whitaker
    63.04%
    Floyd Mayweather jr
    36.96%

Whitaker. In a close fight.

A lot of the rounds will be hard to score and with little going on.

But, there will be a tremendous skill level on show and I feel like it's a fight where the best will be brought out of each other.

Comment

Prime for Prime Pernell would just outwork him with the jab, and underrated body punching. Just score more points in a decently close competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
        Based on some interesting exchanges on my Benny Leonard vs Floyd Mayweather thread, I became interested in who would win between Whitaker and Mayweather, I believe Whitaker because in my opinion he has the better defense and throws a greater volume of punches. Thoughts?
        135-140 I would pick Whitaker. 147 I would pick Mayweather. By close decision in both fights.

Comment

Floyd is the perfect technician I don't think anybody out boxes him

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Floyd is the perfect technician I don't think anybody out boxes him
            If anybody could it would be Pernell Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              Prime for Prime Pernell would just outwork him with the jab, and underrated body punching. Just score more points in a decently close competitive fight.
              I don't think we would see much jabbing in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                135-140 I would pick Whitaker. 147 I would pick Mayweather. By close decision in both fights.

this

i'm also on the fence about 140. maybe floyd wins this one

floyd definitely wins at 147, though

and i'd pick whitaker to win at 135

the weight would be a huge factor in my estimation

Comment

Stylewise Pea has the advantage. If it was not for the lack of focus he occasionally showed I would bet on him.

Incidentally I think this fight would me more violent than what most ppl think it would be.

Comment

I think it would be a stinker that you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off!

I've got Whitaker by close decision, even at 147. The difference being workrate.

Comment

Working...
                    X