Andre Berto vs Paul Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Berto vs Paul Williams?

Berto looked terrific
    I was pretty impressed with Andre Berto in his win over Carlos Quintana on Saturday night. He’s been stepping up the competition little by little in his recent fights and I think it actually turned out well that he didn’t face Shane Mosley in January. What do you think is a logical next step up for him? I think he could use two or three more fights before getting in with one of the big three at welterweight. What about a fight with Clottey or Cotto?

Mike Langsner
    Bethlehem, Pa.

I think Berto is one of the “Big Three” at welterweight, myself. I believe he’s surpassed Mosley and, in my mind, that’s saying something. I spoke with Dan Goossen, Paul Williams’ promoter, this morning and Goossen insisted that Williams is still a welterweight. If that’s true, I would love to see a Berto-Williams fight in the summer, assuming Williams gets past Kermit Cintron in their super welterweight bout on May 8.

From Kevin Iole's mailbag.

If the fight happens who you got?
    Andre Berto
    18.75%
    Paul Williams
    81.25%

PW owtworks him and TKO's him late.

Comment

All fandom aside I think Paul could stop Berto in the first round.

Comment

The stamina would play a big factor here, Paul's punch output is sick he should stop Berto late or by wide UD.

Comment

Is Berto a bigger threat than Martinez?

I don't think so.

Comment

Pwill wins this.

Comment

Philly P.

Comment

All jokes aside. If Williams stopped Berto in one round would anybody be shocked. Its a crazy style clash.

Comment

p-will chews up berto and shts him out.
                  i dont think haymon would want that unless he sees berto as a lost cause, which i doubt.

Comment

berto's not even a boxer so he'll probably struggle somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                    X