No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Chumash Results: Kayode Wins Heavyweight Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Chumash Results: Kayode Wins Heavyweight Debut

In his debut as a heavyweight contender, Lateef Kayode stopped overmatched Travis Fulton in the second round of a scheduled six round bout.

Kayode (19-0, 15 KOs) was returning from an 18-month layoff, having not fought since his June 2012 bout against Antonio Tarver. Any questions about Kayode's power at heavyweight were immediately answered as Kayode stunned Fulton a number of times.

Near the end of the first round, a left-right combination dropped Fulton (21-34-1, 20 KOs) flat onto his back. Fulton was able to survive the round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder how Kayode does against modest opposition. I don't know if stanima is still an issue since he fought an old Tarver, but moving up he has a speed advantage over some of the fatties in the division

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I wonder how Kayode does against modest opposition. I don't know if stanima is still an issue since he fought an old Tarver, but moving up he has a speed advantage over some of the fatties in the division
      Kayode is a KO waiting to happen at HW. The way he loops his punches, the first top tier HW he fights will capitalize. Plus this guy was 21-34, that's not a true gauge of power.

Comment

Kayode is a paper tiger -- the first real guy that he faces will destroy him.....

Comment

Working...
        X