Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Responds: Never Told Ortiz to Headbutt Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia Responds: Never Told Ortiz to Headbutt Mayweather

During a recent sit down with Big Boy’s Neighborhood on Power 106, former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz discussed a myriad of topics related to his personal and professional career.

As the interview continued, Ortiz discussed his memorable bout with Floyd Mayweather in September of 2011.

In that contest, Ortiz infamously head butted Mayweather along the ropes in the fourth round, causing him to lose a point from referee Joe Cortez.

Moments later, after the action had been called back into play, Ortiz attempted to make peace with Mayweather by giving him an embrace. Mayweather accepted, only to catch an unsuspecting Ortiz with a left-right combination that floored him and ended the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

unfortunately HBO went to Mayweather's corner at the end of R.3 during the live coverage so it's impossible to verify either way.

Comment

Ach... I keep forgetting that this Danny Garcia has nothing to do with the other Danny Garcia. :durr1:

Comment

Not saying Ortiz is a liar, but he is goofy, dopey and dumb. He believes what he is saying, but it most likely is wrong... Just read it, he reminds me of the turtle in Nemo.

Comment

i didnt think so!

Comment

Man Ortiz is just some pill-addicted basket case. Dude seems to just live in his mind, and spew the first thing that comes up. Lots of talent, not enough mental stability.

Comment

Not for nothing but in the lead up to the fight Garcia was harping on Mayweather being a "cochino" (dirty) fighter. In 24/7 he referred to that elbow time and again and in the ref's meeting brought it up too. So if he said it or not in the corner he put it in Victor's head and as a trainer if you know your fighter is a mental midget then don't bring that sh' up and focus on what you can control. Personally Garcia said he'd tell Victor to fight fire with fire. I can see him telling Ortiz to do it. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Like someone in the other thread about this said, they were probably telling Ortiz to use his head, as in be smart, and Ortiz is such an idiot that he thought that meant to headbutt Mayweather. Now THAT would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Like someone in the other thread about this said, they were probably telling Ortiz to use his head, as in be smart, and Ortiz is such an idiot that he thought that meant to headbutt Mayweather. Now THAT would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That wouldnt surprise me.

Fact is being told to be dirty by a coach is part of all sports; football they tell you to try and take some guys out, baseball they tell you to throw at guys. But that doesnt mean you should be telling the world about intentionally being told to be dirty and foul. These things should remain unspoken. It makes both you and your trainer look very bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X