Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto is Not Sure if He Will Continue With Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with a lot that's been said here. 154 too big for Cotto and its not his trainers fault he lost. I also don't think the long lay off is going to do him much good.

Comment

Gotta love the times when people were so hyped for even a catch weight 160 Cotto.

Comment

I used to be one of Cotto's biggest supporters, but I wanna say something about Miguel

If you continue not taking your career seriously, it doesn't matter who your ****ing trainer is bro. There isn't a trainer in the world that can sprinkle magic pixie dust on your career. You've had what, 4-5 different trainers now? I think the problem is Miguel, nobody else. You're done!

Comment

I've always said Cotto should be fighting at 147, he's just too f'n lazy to stay in shape in between fights so that he doesn't have to kill himself to make weight when the time comes.
          Last edited by jso416; 02-10-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            He should stay with Diaz.

Perfect gameplan to beat Margarito.
            Great gameplan for Floyd (a lot of close rounds), Floyd just better.
            Good gameplan for Trout, Trout just too big.

Cotto needs to fight at a lower weight more than anything or choose 154lb opposition that aren't huge.
            Spot on. Diaz has made clear and significant improvements to Cotto at an age where that generally doesn't happen. What is it that Cotto actually wants from a trainer if he doesn't think Diaz is good enough?

Comment

lol at these people saying cotto is too small at 154 and then bashing pac for asking him to go down to 150, they just b1tch for the sake of b1tching

Comment

Maybe the problem isn't the trainers...... maybe he just isn't that good

Comment

Originally posted by JAS_JAS View Post
                  lol at these people saying cotto is too small at 154 and then bashing pac for asking him to go down to 150, they just b1tch for the sake of b1tching
                  Who exactly are "these people"?.. Personally I thought the fight at 150 with Pac was better for Cotto then the fight with Trout. Just a stupid decision by his team.

Comment

Originally posted by JAS_JAS View Post
                    There's a big difference, Cotto's fat ass filled out and he can't make 147 no more, him healthy is closer to 154 just like it was 147 a few years back and every time Manny tries to drain him just a bit.

Cotto outgrew 147 yes, but that doesn't mean he's big enough for 154, at that weight he's shorter than everyone else, he's slower, his power isn't as effective and he can't push nobody around...that doesn't mean he can make 147-150 just fine however

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                      I used to be one of Cotto's biggest supporters, but I wanna say something about Miguel

If you continue not taking your career seriously, it doesn't matter who your ****ing trainer is bro. There isn't a trainer in the world that can sprinkle magic pixie dust on your career. You've had what, 4-5 different trainers now? I think the problem is Miguel, nobody else. You're done!
                      What do you mean by taking his career seriously? As far as I know Cotto is very professional with his boxing career.

I like Diaz, but Cotto has gone back to hunching with him something Emmanuel (rip) had fixed. Maybe a more technical wouldn't hurt, but for the amount of fights Cotto has left I don't think he should bother going through another change in trainer and having to get used to each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X