Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez is Firm: I'm Not Interested, I Don't Owe Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just words. Do you think that Marquez is going to turn down 15-20 mil to fight Manny again? Only an idiot would turn down this much $$. He won't.

Comment

Originally posted by djdodat View Post
      Just words. Do you think that Marquez is going to turn down 15-20 mil to fight Manny again? Only an idiot would turn down this much $$. He won't.
      Marquez vs Manny doesn't generate enough money for both to be paid 15-20Mill. We all know Manny is not taking a pay cut for any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Good for Marquez, he rivalry is settled anyway.

Pacquiao only gave him rematcches because all 3 prior scores were controversial the 4th fight wasn't.

Pacquiao won't do much for his legay at this point. He should fight other fighters.
        Pacquiao gave him the rematches because they were the most financially viable fights Top Rank could make, especially the 4th fight. In all likelihood money will talk for a 5th fight too. But JMM's not going to just roll over and give it to them.

Comment

I would love for Marquez to say "**** You" to TR, Arum, and Pacquio

Arum has been making some very stupid decisions lately. First he tried to create a new superstar in Timothy Bradley that backfired. Then he chased the bigger payday hoping Manny would end Marquez career that also backfired. It will not be long till Golden Boy takes over the boxing game.

Comment

Marquez is wrong, the fans ARE interested in seeing a 5th fight, I'm more interested in seeing the 5th fight than I was the 4th, but Marquez is entitled to his decision. I think he knows that before the KO, although him and Pacquiao traded knock downs, Marquez was clearly losing the fight.

And if Marquez doesn't want to fight Pacquiao again then he might as well retire imo, what else is there left to prove? There is no bigger payday which is the goal.

Comment

U guys are crazy for believing this. All it means is that he wants Pac to give him huge money to avenge his L. U are smoking if u think he will fight tough guys who may have bad styles for him like Bradley, Ghost, etc... for a tenth of what he can make against a guy who he just stopped.

Not only that but people keep talking about retiring after a sealed legacy? Let me tell I about a sealed legacy. Pac was the man and ATG to the casual fans an media. Can u imagine if JMM stops him twice? His legacy would be maybe the greatest Mexican of all time.

And u think JMM doesn't believe he would stop him again? Hell yeah he believes it an sooner this time. A few years ago u would've never thought someone could do that to Pac. U have to go for that especially while he is more vulnerabe than ever. JMM will go for it, Pac will have to pay for it and that would be the real way to seal it
              Last edited by DLT; 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                Marquez vs Manny doesn't generate enough money for both to be paid 15-20Mill. We all know Manny is not taking a pay cut for any fight.
                lol thats hogwash...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  I personally think that if Marquez calls it quits, I respect that. If he decides to fight some bum, I'm not down with that.

He doesn't owe Pac anything but I also don't want to see him fight someone that doesn't make sense. For me, I would rather see him retire but he's going to make one last pay day before he calls it quits.
                  Exactly this... if he retired now, then boxing fans and media will respect that but come back and fight bums and refuses to give pac rematch which will be his biggest payday... then he is scared of Pac...

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw
                    So Pac offers Marquez 55 tries to get the desired result, but Marquez won't offer back the same opportunity. Awesome.
                    wrong MP could have picked one of the four OPP bob gave him that wasnt JMM like the 3rd fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Do you think Pacquiao and his team would ask for stringent testing if they did it again?

Comment

Working...
                      X