Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMJr vs JMM movie theater showing experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny because according to google stats, mayweather - marquez absolutely dominated the internet last night, 25 times bigger than ufc's searches

Comment

I went to see the fight at the chelsea cinemas on 23rd street and 8th avenue in NYC. There were only about 5-8 empty seats. The crowd was a mixture of latins, blacks and whites. The majority of the crowd was rooting for Mraquez, and as soon as the final bell ended, over half the crowd left. Boxing needs to do this more often. 15 dollars in a movie theater is even cheaper than when I was a kid. In the 80's, it was usually 20-30 dollars to see a closed circuit fight, but then again, there was no PPV back then.

Comment

I've heard good things about the movie theater. I think people are going to be surprised when the numbers come out. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight did 800,000 buys. They did a good job for this fight. Hell, my friends and I went into the liquor store and they had ESPN classic on getting ready for the fights and I had some conversations about the fight with other people buying liquor. First time that really happened.

Comment

I watched it at a theater in west Pittsburgh. I didn't get there till the middle of the Katsidis fight. Crowd a mix of black, white with a few asian.....probably half full? The crowd was cool.....some cheering....mostly for mayweather and some gasping at the shots Marquez was taking. Theater manager said it was profitable and wanted to do it again.

Comment

it was great it didnt get too koud even though the mexicand in the corwd yelled for marquez landing absolutly nothing lol but it was cool id definitly do it again

Comment

I called in the beginning of the week to see how many tickets had been sold and they said hardly any. So because I didn't want to watch the fight in any empty theater I waited until the last minute to buy them.

The 2 theaters that I originally wanted to go too were SOLD OUT! Good thing my buddy called before we taxi'd it there. We ended up going to a smaller theater in Chicago and there was a few seats left. We snuck some Hennessey in the theater and got faded while watching the fight. Probably made it smell like Alcohol too.

Everyone was cheering as they made the ringwalks and during the fight people were ooohin' and aaahing. Everyone was very classy and it was a great experience.

Shocker of the night....after we applauded hard for Marquez during the introductions....the Mayweather applause was louder!!! For real. Just glad to see people show enthusiasm over the fight. Even several girls I didn't know at my job came over and started asking about the fight that day.

I just wished this fight would have had the fireworks of a Castillo/Corrales or something. That would have been insane for the casual fan to see.

Comment

I went with my gf and it was good. Mix of black and Hispanic people. The only bad part was the picture went out during the middle round of the Katsidis fight.

Comment

Was the visual quality of seeing a boxing match in such a big size screen as cool as it seems it would be?

Comment

Im gonna try this for the Pacquiao - Cotto fight but I dont know any places that will be showing it in my area better start looking .

Comment

Yea i Live in NY and i went to the theatre right b4 showtime and it was sold out.

asked the guy he said it had sold out about 5 or 6 hours ago. thats pretty impressive. thought it would be EMPTY.

I HOPE and PRAY they do this for COTTO-PACQUIAO, but they wont

Comment

Working...
                      X