Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner vs Gavin Rees teleconference

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Another bum for Broner, eh? It must be hard to be a champ and sell fights when you fight nothing but bum after bum. Didn't even watch the conference, as I do not want to hear Broner's unwarranted arrogance toward a bum, especially after he lost to PDL by UD and was given a robbery decision.

The guy is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Another bum for Broner, eh? It must be hard to be a champ and sell fights when you fight nothing but bum after bum. Didn't even watch the conference, as I do not want to hear Broner's unwarranted arrogance toward a bum, especially after he lost to PDL by UD and was given a robbery decision.

The guy is a joke.
        What a joke.....DeMarco was the #1 Lightweight, and than he tried to fight Burns, who ONCE AGAIN found a way around that fight.

What I don't get is this.....why would Burns fight Vazquez, a boring style and a fight he has a good chance to lose, and duck Broner which would be an ever better fight and a bigger payday, one that he also has a good chance to lose???

Rees isn't a world beater, he's at least Top 10 though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          According to BoxRec/Ring or based on ability?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Who else should Broner have fought???

Burns didn't want to fight, and Vazquez is fighting Burns anyway. He already beat DeMarco. Abril and Bogere have been scheduled to fight. So what's left is guys like Rees, Beltran, Murray, Mitchell, etc.

Hopefully, if Burns wins, they can fight in the summer. What's your excuse on Bruns not wanting to fight Broner in February, than fighting Vazquez in March??? I mean Vazquez is a good fight for Burns but he made a dumb move. He's fighting a good fight, and one he could easily lose, instead of fighting an even better fight, for a big payday, against Broner???

I mean I don't see how they advised him to not fight Broner, but to fight vazquez??? It just seems like a dumb move.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
              Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosG815

The guy is a joke.

What a joke.....DeMarco was the #1 Lightweight, and than he tried to fight Burns, who ONCE AGAIN found a way around that fight.

What I don't get is this.....why would Burns fight Vazquez, a boring style and a fight he has a good chance to lose, and duck Broner which would be an ever better fight and a bigger payday, one that he also has a good chance to lose???

Why? Cause Vazquez is willing to travel and the real #1 at 135. Regardless of being boring or not. Why? Cause Burns is getting more money fighting Vazquez at home than fighting Broner in the US. Why? Cause Broner already got 2 gifts in the US.

Anymore questions?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
                Quote:

Originally Posted by D-MiZe

Who else should Broner have fought???

Burns didn't want to fight, and Vazquez is fighting Burns anyway. He already beat DeMarco. Abril and Bogere have been scheduled to fight. So what's left is guys like Rees, Beltran, Murray, Mitchell, etc.

Hopefully, if Burns wins, they can fight in the summer. What's your excuse on Bruns not wanting to fight Broner in February, than fighting Vazquez in March??? I mean Vazquez is a good fight for Burns but he made a dumb move. He's fighting a good fight, and one he could easily lose, instead of fighting an even better fight, for a big payday, against Broner???

I mean I don't see how they advised him to not fight Broner, but to fight vazquez??? It just seems like a dumb move.
                Oh Gtfo... Vazquez was calling out Broner for the fight. Why is it that Broner's people pursue Burns so much but not Vazquez? Why is it that Burns and Vazquez are unifying while Broner is fighting bum ass Rees? Those 2 are the real champs. The ones who unify.

Comment

Everybody wants me to fight the bigger names? But im gonna stay here and fight nobodies and look good!
                  I can see hes been learning from Floyd. He uses the words They a bunch! They didnt give me credit for Demarco blah blah blah you bum ass baby! They are the fans....fight who they want and becomep a peoples champ...or do what Floyd does and becomes Boxings chump!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Why? Cause Vazquez is willing to travel and the real #1 at 135. Regardless of being boring or not. Why? Cause Burns is getting more money fighting Vazquez at home than fighting Broner in the US. Why? Cause Broner already got 2 gifts in the US.

Anymore questions?

Holding the Quintero fight against Broner is like holding the Doug Jones fight against Ali, one that many felt he lost when he young and coming up.

Broner-Ponce could have gone either way, Ponce landed more I felt, but Broner landed the cleaner punches, and neither really ended the fight on high note or standing out as doing the better work. I had it a draw.

But if you can't see Broner is a different fighter than he was at 21 when he took his first step up in competition, than I don't know what to say.

I love how people are excusing Burns for straight up ducking Broner for the second time now. Hopefully Burns can manage to beat Vazquez, and they can fight in the summer.

Why is Vazauez thought of as #1??? He beat Prescott, who wasn't even in the Top 10 at the time, but yeah that was a good solid win for him. He beat Kim, who also wasn't in the Top 10 at the time, for a vacant title. He beat Quintero, struggled a bit in that fight by the way, who also wasn't Top 10 at the time. And he beat Gesta, who also wasn't Top 10 at the time. Burns is the FIRST FIGHTER VAZQUEZ HAS FOUGHT THAT WAS RANKED INSIDE THE TOP 10 AT 135.....and people say he's the real #1 at 135??? Get out of here....

Comment

Working...
                    X