Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London now a 'minority-majority' city - Perspectives.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London now a 'minority-majority' city - Perspectives.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ce...e-8405998.html

Stats from the recent census (2011) show that London now has a non white British majority, whilst minorities have increased to about 8m nation wide.

Big discussion on R4 about London and whether this trend is inevitable for global cities (London, NY, LA etc) that act as global magnets for talent for the whole world.

What do you reckon?

About 80% of the UK is 'white British', 13% 'white other' (Irish, European etc), 7% Asians/Africans/Arabs and the rest.

Comment

It's not that surprising.

Most average white British families would rather live outside of London while pretty much all immigrants aim to go there

Comment

I live outside of London.

Brown incursion into the 'burbs.

Comment

London is a shiiiiit hole and thats coming from someone who lives in the Welsh Valleys

Comment

Zone 1 and parts of zone 2 are nice. The rest sucks. Agreed.

Comment

It's too dangerous to live in the city.

Comment

Pretty sad actually. Its no longer English.

Comment

Comment

my problem is not with multiculturalism in principal, but with the quality of the immigrants that are allowed into the country. refugees and non-skilled immigrants just need to be fucked off. sounds harsh, but they are not our problem and they just make the country worse for everyone else. skilled immigrants, foreign students, etc. are fine, though. in fact, as a londoner, some of my favourite social experiences involve random foreigners met on drunken nights out. i'm a white british male and more than half of the women i've been with have been ethnically or nationally different to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X