No announcement yet.

Is Danny the king of 140 now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyotfo View Post
    Id like to see Garcia in with Judah next and then Matthyse. Ive heard talk of Mayweather V Garcia which would be more cherry picking by Floyd.
    I doubt that happens... They are both Haymon fighters, why would they ruin an up and coming star?

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
      The lineage was broken when Manny left after beating Hatton,the #1 and #2 just fought establishing a new lineage.Like it or not Garcia is the new linear champion.
      He is the Ring champion, but not necessarily means he is the lineal champ.
      He got ranked #2 due to a stupid rule change. IMO, Matthyse's destruction of Soto ranks higher than Garcia's defeat of a shop-worned Morales.

Comment

YES SIR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
          I doubt that happens... They are both Haymon fighters, why would they ruin an up and coming star?

it's certainly a possibility that's not going to go out the window simply because haymon promotes both men.

floyd mayweather was in the building for berto and ortiz because ortiz was supposed to lose. they were planning on making floyd and berto.

haymon won't keep his fighters away from eachother simply on the merits that they are both his fighters. if he feels garcia can make more money fighting the top fighter right away he will.

i think the time for cashing on garcia may be near. if you think he's the goods and really dont want to see him lose yet then perhaps you would keep them apart. otherwise it's not like floyd will kill the kid. floyd's opponents are hardly taking life changing beatings in there.

the only reason i could see him keeping them apart if the fight is a possibility would be for him to wait for garcia to actually be able to beat floyd, which would only come when floyd is seriously deteriorated. i doubt very much that haymon has that in mind for danny garcia.

i think he'd jump at the chance to make a two way payday on that fight. i would.

tune up for floyd (who sells a mil on PPV fighting literally anybody,)
          payday many times what he's earned in his entire career for garcia
          a cut from both paychecks
          a chance to secure the winner no matter what

i'd be frothing at the mouth to get garcia in there with floyd on PPV for a 5 million dollar payday. frothing.
          the kid has literally nothing to lose
          he's young, floyd's a WW, and one of the best boxers ever, all legit excuses
          floyd wont beat his ass too bad because he's not that kind of fighter
          and he can keep his jr WW championship and set up big fights down the road with that.

frothing, boys. frothing. if i'm al haymon i am frothing.
          would not be surprised at all if they fight next. al haymon makes the rules. not all of them, but a lot of them

i'm not haymon, however (Or am I? No, I am not Al Haymon.)

and personally i'd obviously rather not see floyd fight garcia on PPV. 70 is too much money to watch a tune up fight. i'd probably hold my nose and buy the thing after complaining about it for a few weeks, and feel violated after it was all over.

regular HBO? not happening, but you're damn right i'd watch.

Comment

At this point

yes, Garcia is the #1 guy in the 140lb division.

Comment

Lucas Matthysse beats him. Khan wants no part of Lucas

Comment

There isn't anyone that should dare call themselves the king at 140 right now. It's wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  it's certainly a possibility that's not going to go out the window simply because haymon promotes both men.

floyd mayweather was in the building for berto and ortiz because ortiz was supposed to lose. they were planning on making floyd and berto.

haymon won't keep his fighters away from eachother simply on the merits that they are both his fighters. if he feels garcia can make more money fighting the top fighter right away he will.

i think the time for cashing on garcia may be near. if you think he's the goods and really dont want to see him lose yet then perhaps you would keep them apart. otherwise it's not like floyd will kill the kid. floyd's opponents are hardly taking life changing beatings in there.

the only reason i could see him keeping them apart if the fight is a possibility would be for him to wait for garcia to actually be able to beat floyd, which would only come when floyd is seriously deteriorated. i doubt very much that haymon has that in mind for danny garcia.

i think he'd jump at the chance to make a two way payday on that fight. i would.

tune up for floyd (who sells a mil on PPV fighting literally anybody,)
                  payday many times what he's earned in his entire career for garcia
                  a cut from both paychecks
                  a chance to secure the winner no matter what

i'd be frothing at the mouth to get garcia in there with floyd on PPV for a 5 million dollar payday. frothing.
                  the kid has literally nothing to lose
                  he's young, floyd's a WW, and one of the best boxers ever, all legit excuses
                  floyd wont beat his ass too bad because he's not that kind of fighter
                  and he can keep his jr WW championship and set up big fights down the road with that.

frothing, boys. frothing. if i'm al haymon i am frothing.
                  would not be surprised at all if they fight next. al haymon makes the rules. not all of them, but a lot of them

i'm not haymon, however (Or am I? No, I am not Al Haymon.)

and personally i'd obviously rather not see floyd fight garcia on PPV. 70 is too much money to watch a tune up fight. i'd probably hold my nose and buy the thing after complaining about it for a few weeks, and feel violated after it was all over.

regular HBO? not happening, but you're damn right i'd watch.
                  That's true, I imagine Mayweather-Berto was the plan.

But, I just don't think Haymon will put Garcia in there with Mayweather at this point. He'd just be feeding him to Mayweather. It would be pointless for Danny.

I know he'd take the fight though, who wouldn't?

I think it's certainly a possibility and a perfect fight (In Mayweather's eyes) for a tune up later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Yes he is #1. Whether he's the best is a debate.

But he should be considered the guy. That Ring Belt means that.
                    LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X