No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa - DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TITO SEVERE View Post
    I have watched his fights and I have seen his most recent against Mtagwa. I am not convienced. I believe he is a very good fighter with exception talents but I think his bad habits will be exposed when he fights a technically sound fighter with a decent jab. His lack of reach and descipline will be his downfall and he will end up getting KO'd when he steps up in competition. At this point he looked great against a figher that was there to make him look great. the only reason Mtagwa was credible is due to the fight with Juanma. Juanma was drained and had nothing left to give after the 7th round. You have to understand styles make fights and Mtagwa had the perfect style for Gamboa to shine. Arum is no dummy and he put him on a good under card and gave him the perfect dance partner to make him look great.
    it is boxing anything can happen...

Comment

he's got gifts. his chin is suspect, and he can be outboxed by a smart fighter, but i think he will do well. at least until his reflexes start to fade. he is already 28, and had alot of amateur fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
        he's got gifts. his chin is suspect, and he can be outboxed by a smart fighter, but i think he will do well. at least until his reflexes start to fade. he is already 28, and had alot of amateur fights.
        A good jab would give him all he can handle right now. A boxer puncher with a god jab might put him down early. I can see KO written all over it. I think of Guzman "Little Tyson" when I see Gamboa. Ali Funeka type fighter would be a night mare for him.

Comment

i have been believing the hype since he turned pro, you telling me now that he looks better than ever not to believe it? u gotta b kidding me if i bet my house on him when he had 5 fights i def look like G now when he got 17
          Last edited by Cubanborn87; 02-01-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
            i have been believing the hype since he turned pro, you telling me now that he looks better than ever not to believe it? u gotta b kidding me if i bet my house on him when he had 5 fights i def look like G now when he got 17
            That is why Mtagwa was put there to make him look gr8t in front of a bigger audience and build up some buzz for a Lopez vs Gamboa match up. The writing is on the wall. People are sleeping on Juanma because of his fight with Mtagwa. Remember that fight was at 122lbs where both Lopez and Mtagwa weighed in at 121lbs for that fight. Lopez killed himself to make the limit. Gamboa fought Mtagwa at 126lbs and Mtagwa came in at a little bit over 122lbs. I bet not only was Lopez weight drained in their fight but when Gamboa fought Mtawg he mosty likely outweighed him by 10lbs too. Bet your house on that.

Comment

That is why Mtagwa was put there to make him look gr8t in front of a bigger audience and build up some buzz for a Lopez vs Gamboa match up. The writing is on the wall. People are sleeping on Juanma because of his fight with Mtagwa. Remember that fight was at 122lbs where both Lopez and Mtagwa weighed in at 121lbs for that fight. Lopez killed himself to make the limit. Gamboa fought Mtagwa at 126lbs and Mtagwa came in at a little bit over 122lbs. I bet not only was Lopez weight drained in their fight but when Gamboa fought Mtawg he mosty likely outweighed him by 10lbs too. Bet your house on that.
              Tu dices que un tipo con un buen jab le pude ganar....y Juanma tiene un buen jab??? porque yo nunca he visto una pelea de Juanma jabeando todo el tiempo....Juanma es lento y si le entraron todos los derechazos de Mtagwa, imaginate si los de Gamboa van a entrar o no

Comment

I have watched his fights and I have seen his most recent against Mtagwa. I am not convienced. I believe he is a very good fighter with exception talents but I think his bad habits will be exposed when he fights a technically sound fighter with a decent jab. His lack of reach and descipline will be his downfall and he will end up getting KO'd when he steps up in competition. At this point he looked great against a figher that was there to make him look great. the only reason Mtagwa was credible is due to the fight with Juanma. Juanma was drained and had nothing left to give after the 7th round. You have to understand styles make fights and Mtagwa had the perfect style for Gamboa to shine. Arum is no dummy and he put him on a good under card and gave him the perfect dance partner to make him look great.
                give the dude abit of credit...hes probably still not reached his peak yet..

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                  give the dude abit of credit...hes probably still not reached his peak yet..
                  Pretty hard to rag on a guy with 17 pro fights.

Yes he was a very experienced amateur, but the pro game is a lot different, he developed some bad habits that he got away with because of head gear. Give him time, the dude is hella talented and probably has the fastest hands in the sport right now.

Comment

Hes been saying that hes working on developing his defense and becoming a more technical fighter, he was a amature forever it takes a while...he will be a beast.....trust me.....hell convince you soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                      Pretty hard to rag on a guy with 17 pro fights.

Yes he was a very experienced amateur, but the pro game is a lot different, he developed some bad habits that he got away with because of head gear. Give him time, the dude is hella talented and probably has the fastest hands in the sport right now.
                      i guess so...and nice signature pic along with the saying at the bottom of it

Comment

Working...
                      X