No announcement yet.

Irish Betting Site Paddy Power Refunds Pacquiao Bets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Betting Site Paddy Power Refunds Pacquiao Bets

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Irish Betting Site Paddy Power Refunds Pacquiao Bets
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/10...-pacquiao-bets

After last night's boxing insanity, some bettors can find a silver lining in an otherwise bleak horizon. In case you've been under a rock for the last 24 hours, Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley fought last night. What's that you say? You know Manny won handily, but didn't stick around to hear the decision, so what's the fuss about? If you, like 99% of the world watched that fight, you probably had it at about ten rounds to two in Manny's favor. If you were being incredibly generous, you might have had it seven rounds to five, still in Pacman's favor.

Related: Pacquiao Vs. Bradley Fight Highlights | Photo: The ControversialPacquiao Vs. BradleyScorecards | Is Bob Arum Behind The Timothy Bradley Decision Win Over Manny Pacquiao?

Imagine the shock when that decision was read, and they judged it a split in Tim Bradley's favor. The outrage was like nothing I've seen before, but that's probably because Twitter makes the world seem so much smaller and more connected. In any event, the decision was tragic, at best.

But, I digress. There is some small measure of comfort and justice to be found in this ugly mess, and it's in the form of Irish online sports betting site, Paddy Power. In one of their "Justice Payouts", Paddy is refunding bettors that bet on Manny to win either outright or on points. Here's the statement released by their blog:

Saw it already....don't think my site would've done that

Comment

twat! i bet on pacquiao rounds 1-3, and a draw.

Comment

Working...
      X