Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley really shouldn't be a first ballot hall of famer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone caught using any substance should be either barred from entering the HOF, or removed if already inducted.

The testing commissions, the sanctioning bodies and the promoters clearly do not offer any great deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Anyone caught using any substance should be either barred from entering the HOF, or removed if already inducted.

The testing commissions, the sanctioning bodies and the promoters clearly do not offer any great deterrent.
      That's not an unreasonable argument. The problem is that testing in boxing is so pathetic that we don't know how widespread steroid/epo use was in Shane's era, and therefore we don't know how far from the norm Shane ventured.

After all, Mosley didn't even fail a drug test, he was only caught because he was caught up in the BALCO case. For all we know his peers were all taking stuff too. And the sad thing is we'll never know. An entire generation of boxers have a cloud of suspicion over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L
        he shouldn't be first ballot but he should be in if the comp is weak? so what if the comp is weak on the first ballot???

shane was a great lightweight. he jumped 2 divisons and beat de la hoya in his prime. there were no steroids involved in that fight. don't nit pick. give the man his respect. sugar shane is a hall of famer.
        How do you know there was no PEDs involved? Cause he didnt pop?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

because the only time he's been involved with steroids that we know of was with balco and that was not around then. that was for the dlh rematch. i'm not going to question this man's entire career because of one bad decision for one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            He beat a prime Oscar. Had a great LW career, second to Duran.
            Is that a joke? Mosley's LW run was mediocre, only looked good because of how he won most the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince-Naz
              hes in my all time hall of shame list

1 Urine drinker
              2 Margacheato
              3 Mosley
              4 Roy Jones
              5 Fish net
              6 Evander Holyfield
              7 Eric Morales

Floyd would be on the list, just cause hes to ***** to fight Manny, but I feel like cheaters are more of a disgrace to the sport.
              how do we know marquez cheated ?

if were going to assume then u might as well throw manny on that shame list as well

Comment

Lightning in a bottle at 135 but, I agree, the PEDs admission really torpedoed what was probably just a formality.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

You do know Shame never tested positive for peds right..

But tbh, that makes no difference to me..Saying Shane is not or should not be a hof is like saying Barry Bonds or Clemens should not be hof..Its really ridicules..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

I totally agree. HOF is all about legacy and if a fighter tarnishes that by taking substances that are illegal (performace enhances, who cares about drugs) then they should be barred. It's man on man in a ring, and if one guy decides to cheat to gain an advantage he should suffer the consequences for it. Suspension seems to do little enough to deter fighters, so the Boxing Hall of Fame in a way can help the problem by having a hard stance when it comes to these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

You do know Shame never tested positive for peds right..

But tbh, that makes no difference to me..Saying Shane is not or should not be a hof is like saying Barry Bonds or Clemens should not be hof..Its really ridicules..
                      I know he never popped and thats my point. How do we know how long he got away with this stuff?

Its not ridiculous at all. Why is it wrong to question a man's whole legacy after finding out he's dirty? Look at Lance Armstrong, everything is pretty much being taken away from him.

I used to love Shane. He was top of my list as all time faves but...

Comment

Working...
                      X