No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Broner vs. Burns Fight is Very Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fladz View Post
    My 6 bil to your 6 bil even odds, put your money where your mouth is.

Oh and whoever mentioned Matthysse, hahaha. Lucas would fking kill him.
    Just like he killed Zab Judah and Devon Alexander. You could argue he won those fights, but he didn't come close to "killing them". He's killed Ajose and Soto, so that means he'll kill Broner. Alright.

Matthysse would be a tough fight for Broner. He just keeps coming and he'll be able to take Broner's punches.

Comment

Why does Matthysse's name come up in every conversation of all time? He's not even in the same ****in weight class. Your speculating on a fight that probably won't be a realistic scenario until 2015.

Comment

That'd be ace if Oscar could set something up in England. Maybe get Matthysse on the card too against somebody like Katsidis.

Hopefully Frank W will be down to make it happen as well.

Comment

so bc burns beat a old shot kat, that just list to a journeyman, is suppose to have a chance against broner?
          is there anybody else? please. smh

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Fighters jump divisions all the time. He was going to jump two weight classes to fight Rios man.

If he beats Beltran, he has several options for a Spring fight after that. He could fight Roman Martinez or Salgado/Mendez at 130, or he could move up to 135 and fight the Vazquez/Gesta winner.

Even if he were to stay at 130 and fight Salgado/Mendez in say April/May and wins impressively, he could be in line to fight Broner. It's one weight class.

How was Bradley beating Alexander at 140 making him a viable option for 147 lb fighters??? How was Broner beating Escobedo and Perez at 130 making him a viable contender for DeMarco, the #1 fighter at 135???

If Gamboa comes bac and gets a couple wins over Beltran and than Martinez/Vazquez-Gesta/Salgado-Mendez, I'd much much much rather see Gamboa-Broner over Broner-Bogere/Abril.
            Rios was clearly weight-drained @135 and doesn't have better skills/attributes when compared to Broner. It was a calculated risk that probably would've paid off. I think he'd beat Rios, but I don't think he'd beat Broner. There's nothing wrong with that, since he's much smaller and they've never fought at the same division anyway. It's not like Mares/Moreno, two top 118lbers who decided to fight @122 because of the circumstances. Gamboa/Broner were never the top fighters in the same division at the same time. People just like the style match-up without caring about the size disparity.

Bradley was one fight away from cleaning out 140lb, so he was a pretty decent option for some of the 147lb fighters. Was Bradley the #1 option for Pac? No. How does Broner beating Perez/Escobedo make him a viable option for DeMarco? It doesn't, that's the politics at work.

Gamboa beating Vasquez/Gesta would make him a viable option for Broner, but I rather that the game didn't play out that way. I want them to stay in their respective lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Why does Matthysse's name come up in every conversation of all time? He's not even in the same ****in weight class. Your speculating on a fight that probably won't be a realistic scenario until 2015.
              Dayum, that long?? If Matthysse gets his chance and beats Garcia, I don't see how Broner is gonna be able to avoid that fight. If Broner continues to fight three times a year, it'll be impossible for him to avoid Matthysse.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                it's a way of letting off frustration............in other words, "they mad"

matthysse is the now the savor who will knock off the big bad wolf in broner..........matthyesse is bigger and stronger but even then i don't think he "kills" broner. without the knock downs against judah he lost that fight on my card (out boxed)............

people are too emotionally driven when it comes to boxing...........

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Rios was clearly weight-drained @135 and doesn't have better skills/attributes when compared to Broner. It was a calculated risk that probably would've paid off. I think he'd beat Rios, but I don't think he'd beat Broner. There's nothing wrong with that, since he's much smaller and they've never fought at the same division anyway. It's not like Mares/Moreno, two top 118lbers who decided to fight @122 because of the circumstances. Gamboa/Broner were never the top fighters in the same division at the same time. People just like the style match-up without caring about the size disparity.

Bradley was one fight away from cleaning out 140lb, so he was a pretty decent option for some of the 147lb fighters. Was Bradley the #1 option for Pac? No. How does Broner beating Perez/Escobedo make him a viable option for DeMarco? It doesn't, that's the politics at work.

Gamboa beating Vasquez/Gesta would make him a viable option for Broner, but I rather that the game didn't play out that way. I want them to stay in their respective lanes.
                  I just have to disagree. Broner is much bigger, would be probably 10 lbs heavier on fight night, Gamboa's last fight against Ponce he was 138-139 on fight night, Broner was 148 last night.

Maybe Gamboa has filled out more since then, who knows??? But Broner-Gamboa is easily the most exciting fight to be made around 135. If he beats Beltran and than Salgado/Mendez, he'd already be close to beating very top 130 lb fighter. Uchiyama is NEVER leaving Japan, so we can stop bringing him up. He'll most likely become the Chris John of 130 and just stay making big money in his home country. Ao is also fighting in Japan all the time, probably won't leave. The only other guy would be Roman Martinez, who Miguel Beltran arguably beat already, it was a close fight. There's no point in Gamboa staying at 130 for more than 1-2 fights. The better fights for him are at 135, and the biggest fight around 130-135 is Broner-Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Dayum, that long?? If Matthysse gets his chance and beats Garcia, I don't see how Broner is gonna be able to avoid that fight. If Broner continues to fight three times a year, it'll be impossible for him to avoid Matthysse.
                    Yeah but why does everyone think Matthysse kills everyone else??? He looks good, but he sure didn't kill Judah or Alexander at all. You could argue he won those fights, I thought Judah won their fight but it was really really close. I thought he beat Alexander though. But he's killed Soto and Ajose,a nd people think he'll kill every fighter around his weight hands down.

People still sleeping on Danny Garcia I see.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I just have to disagree. Broner is much bigger, would be probably 10 lbs heavier on fight night, Gamboa's last fight against Ponce he was 138-139 on fight night, Broner was 148 last night.

Maybe Gamboa has filled out more since then, who knows??? But Broner-Gamboa is easily the most exciting fight to be made around 135. If he beats Beltran and than Salgado/Mendez, he'd already be close to beating very top 130 lb fighter. Uchiyama is NEVER leaving Japan, so we can stop bringing him up. He'll most likely become the Chris John of 130 and just stay making big money in his home country. Ao is also fighting in Japan all the time, probably won't leave. The only other guy would be Roman Martinez, who Miguel Beltran arguably beat already, it was a close fight. There's no point in Gamboa staying at 130 for more than 1-2 fights. The better fights for him are at 135, and the biggest fight around 130-135 is Broner-Gamboa.
                      I agree that it's an exciting match-up, but Broner won't be getting much credit from me. Gamboa is the one who stands to receive praise if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X