Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Oh look, you talking about talent level (something that of course can't be proven and is subjective), what a surprise

So far it seems like the americans will keep crying instead of facing reality.
    Here's the reality for you. Heavyweights today come in overweight, lack stamina, defense, don't parry, don't throw in combination and rarely work the body anymore. If you really want me to prove this I can post endless video's. This is not subjective, it's a fact. And again, this has nothing to do with nationality, that's just your agenda talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
      If you look at the $150m plus Tyson made in his career there's plenty incentive for US based guys to try the game, they just aren't good enough, and I don't buy the NFL/NBA excuse.
      That's one incredibly talented fighter, compared to the other 99% of boxers who don't make good money. It's way easier to make money playing other sports that are far more popular here in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
        If you look at the $150m plus Tyson made in his career there's plenty incentive for US based guys to try the game, they just aren't good enough, and I don't buy the NFL/NBA excuse.
        One of the problems is a lack of boxing gyms in America most of the information past down through over 100 years of fighting will probably be lost, as well as no TV coverage etc. The number of registered pro boxers in America has declined rapidly I remember reading that there were more registred boxers in New York during the 20's than there are in the whole of America today. I think the best way to describe it would be that the uptake for boxing per person in America is very low in comparrison to the past meaning a reduction in the talent pool. I wouldnt say that American boxers are now doing NFL/NBA they could be doing anything from working in a super market to being a **** star.

Comment

Originally posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
          Talent level could be ****, but the excuse of NFL and NBA cannot be the reason. It is the same for Europeans to say that most of the talent goes on to play football (soccer), which is true because of how popular football has always and will always be here. There is talent from ALL over the world, and boxing is and should be racially blind.
          Agreed. Too bad a lot of people are too stupid to realize this.
          Last edited by Pirao; 10-15-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Here's the reality for you. Heavyweights today come in overweight, lack stamina, defense, don't parry, don't throw in combination and rarely work the body anymore. If you really want me to prove this I can post endless video's. This is not subjective, it's a fact. And again, this has nothing to do with nationality, that's just your agenda talking.
            You talking about agenda's is truly comedy. Post all the videos you want, like they prove **** You can't prove nothing about talent level because as I said, it can't be quantified, it's just subjective **** that people who can't face reality (like you) like to bring up as a last resorts since it can't be proved either way.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Also, it's not an opinion but a fact that the NFL and NBA have taken a lot of the guys who used to become heavyweights, due to boxing's falling popularity back in the 80's due to the rise of those two sports. It used to be that any athletic man with size wanted to be heavyweight champion, now they all want much easier money playing sports that don't require the work boxing does.
              One of the intresting things about American boxing is that boxing was actaully the no1-no2 sport pre 80's. Most other countries in the world boxing had to compete with other sports but in America this was not so much the case so in someways boxing was heavly skewed in favour of America as it had a much larger up take than in comparison to other countries. Now with a reduced popularity I would probably say that its leveled off and its uptake is no higher now than most other wester countries. When you look below the brothers the Americans are not really much worse than any eastern euro fighter, its just that the deep number of American pro heavyweights has evaporated so its more even accross the board.

Comment

You talking about agenda's is truly comedy. Post all the videos you want, like they prove **** You can't prove nothing about talent level because as I said, it can't be quantified, it's just subjective **** that people who can't face reality (like you) like to bring up as a last resorts since it can't be proved either way.
                Well your topic is subjective as there is no way to prove that Eastern Euros will dominate after the Klitschko brothers retire until it actually happens. Who know's who will dominate after them? so you could say its easy to view past talent than it is to guess what will happen in ten years time.

Comment

Sorry son, but it's only subjective to the unobjective viewer. To the fan who refuses to acknowledge that todays fighters (most) are exactly as I described. I have no problem acknowledging eastern Europe has a stronghold over most of the heavyweight division. Unfortunately with either your anti American agenda or your lack historical boxing knowledge you're blind to the facts that most of these fighters today lack skills and are out of shape.

I won't even bother showing you how fat todays fighters are, thats undeniable. But lets take a look at todays heir apparent Robert Helenius and Tim Witherspoon when he was 15-0 and up against an all time great. I dare anyone to tell me the difference in skills is not abundantly clear. Witherspoon parry's, moves his head, works the body, slips punches etc., etc. Helenius against a less than great Peter....eh, not so much.

Comment

yeah after the klitschkos retire and some fat talentless american bum steps up to claim the crown americans will hype the **** out of him and say he was better than the klitschkos lol.

Comment

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
                      yeah after the klitschkos retire and some fat talentless american bum steps up to claim the crown americans will hype the **** out of him and say he was better than the klitschkos lol.
                      Nah, if he's fat and talentless he'll be judged as such. I wouldn't worry though, there aren't any beacons of light on America's heavyweight horizon and may not be for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X