No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: Without a Doubt, Cotto Will Beat Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steward: Without a Doubt, Cotto Will Beat Margarito

Veteran trainer Emanuel Steward expects WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto to avenge his first career loss on December 3rd at New York's Madison Square Garden. Cotto faces Antonio Margarito of Mexico in a long awaited rematch. Margarito stopped Cotto in eleven rounds in 2008. Until recently, Steward was the head trainer of Cotto, but a scheduling conflict forced the Puerto Rican boxer to replace him with Cuba's Pedro Luis Diaz.

[Click Here To Read More]

That is a moment I dreamed of, being inside the ring and celebrating with Miguel. My mission has always been to be a part of its rebirth as a fighter, but is not going to happen " "The Puerto Rican fans is the best in boxing and that moment is going to be great."

"I had to finish my commitment to Andy Lee and had a conflict with the wishes of Michael who wanted to train for eight weeks. I told him that six was enough as we had done before. But we could not reach an agreement, "

"I really could not tell now If I will ever return with Miguel. Who knows? I'm still hurt, " -Steward

Comment

MSQ will be sold out come fight night. And Cotto fans in East Coast Represent!! Cotto vs Judah was the livest boxing fight ever. The greatest boxing experience I ever had in any boxing event. And I been to a dozen or more. Cotto will not lose Dec. 3.

Comment

I don't know I have some doubt about Cotto beating Marga's...TBH I have a lot of doubt about it...

Comment

if anyone actually believes this im willing to bet 1mill on Marg...any offers?

Comment

cotto is finish i dont see him beating margs. cotto didt have the will back then and he still doest now.

Comment

I know it's hard not to see Cotto all bloodied up taking a massive amount of punishment from the first fight! Plus there are haters out there that get a pleasure out of just saying the Cotto will get killed and KTFO.

But when you see the intangents of the fight, those that have knowlegde of the sport are putting Cotto as a betting favorite.

It could go the way of the first fight or as we just saw with Linares and Demarco (a big, stronger, yet slower and less technical fighter winning an attrision war). But as Linares already found out, you don't fight guys like that.... you boxed them. I'm am confident that Cotto is planning to do that, thus his choice of trainer.

Can't wait, will be there ringside.... I'm looking for a good fight. However, if it goes Cotto's way it may turn out to be a stinker most of the night. But look for Margo to unload his unloaded gloves during that night (Sorry couln't help it, had to throw it out there) LOL

Comment

Cotto has no chance.

Comment

Manny stewart opinion beats all other opinions here.

The cheater was proven to have no power without his loaded gloves.

Cheato has no chance just like marquez has no chance against pac.

Comment

Originally posted by mdportorock3 View Post
                    Manny stewart opinion beats all other opinions here.
                    Here are just some memorable quotes for you to digest.

"Jorge Linares is the greatest fighter I've ever seen."

"He is better than Henry Armstrong, he always fights the best."

“Oscar is one of the most naturally-gifted fighters I've ever seen. When Oscar fights on his toes, he reminds me of Sugar Ray Robinson. "

Yup. His opinion totally beats us all. and that ladies and gentlemen is how the casual fans think.

Comment

Working...
                    X