Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Too bad that guy didn't make weight
    You're right.

Floyd would of been brutalized and embarrassed had he come in at 144 instead of 146. Real game changer there.

My apologies. Green K sent.

Comment

I wouldn't argue too much with someone who says he is. I wouldn't put him any higher than #3.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        So Marquez jumps ahead of the guy that blanked him 12-0 while landing at 60%?
        You don't make weight you don't get credit, can't argue with it. If he wanted to be taken seriously , Floyd should've taken his weight seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          On most lists Pacquiao wasn't number 1 Mayweather was. Doubt he'll move ahead.
          Pac and May are joint number 2 on Ring Magazine

Comment

1. Mayweather or Ward
            2. JMM

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              You don't make weight you don't get credit, can't argue with it. If he wanted to be taken seriously , Floyd should've taken his weight seriously.

i agree it takes the gloss off the victory, but it's still silly to suggest he has any chance in a rematch. He got starched by a Mayweather who hadn't fought in almost 2 years.

There isn't anyone on here who seriously believes JMM can somehow now beat FMJ, and if they say it, it's because they know the fight isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                Pac and May are joint number 2 on Ring Magazine
                That's why i said "most" I doubt they'll move JMM ahead of Mayweather, Mayweather beat him so easily in the division he just beat Pac at.

Comment

On most respectable sports lists, Pac was 4 or 5 and JMM was 6 or 7. P4P (meaning h2h without the factor of weight) JMM is not better than Floyd (as we know) or Ward. So I put him at 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    Seeing that Marquez signed for the extra 600k, there is no argument in Floyd "not making weight". A new agreement was negotiated which Marquez agreed to. Since that has been cleared up, I guess he deserves his credit.

Not to mention, you're talking about weight. Floyd weighed in a 146 against a 36 yr old Marquez @ 142 and Floyd embarassed him. Pac weighed in at 147 against a 39 yr old Marquez @143 and Pac got KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                      In light of his KO victory over MP last night does JMM go Number 1 P4P?
                      Right ... a win over a man ranked at P4P#6 would put Marquez at #1.

Nice math skills. You've gotta love the smell of desperation in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X