Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Ross got robbed in Germany against Yoan Pablo Hernandez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy Ross got robbed in Germany against Yoan Pablo Hernandez.

I just finished watching and scoring yesterday's fight between Troy Ross and Cruiserweight World Champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez. Both fought their hearts out but the truth is there is no way Hernandez deserved the decision. I scored it 7 rounds to 4 for Ross with 1 round even. The Knockdown included, I have Ross winning by 4 points.
    Hernandez could barely stand on his feet at the end of the fight.
    How did you guys score it?

I'll admit, I was high on Hernandez after beating Cunningham, but he lost that fight. I thought Ross won 7 rounds, plus he had the knockdowns.

Comment

8-4 Ross....Hernandez was getting countered, hurt to the head, hurt to the body...man, he was just getting beat up imo...kept turning his back when it got too hot for him...smh...no way he won that!!!....Ross DESERVED the decision in my eyes
      Last edited by Mr. Philadel; 09-16-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

It was a great fight but Yoan's face when he was getting his belt handed to him said it all.. He knew he didn't win that fight.

Still, it is what it is. Every time Troy let his hands go, he was kicking Yoan's ass.

Comment

Troy Ross should have knocked out the judges like that guy who went ape **** on the ref.

Great fight, Hernadez at age 27 clearly have a very high ceiling and still lots to learn. It really sucks because Ross is old and he deserved that belt. Hernandez can bounce back and earn it again.

THESE ARE THE KIND OF FIGHTS people complain about in regards to German Decisions. The big fights, there's robberies everywhere. But the defenses against lesser known opponents is what put Germany in question. Ottke, Sturm etc.

Comment

Absolute robbery

Comment

I bet Sturm was thinking.. Where were these judges when I was fighting Geale..

Comment

I didn't attempt to score it, but watching it live it seemed like Ross won the fight.

Ross was giving Hernandez all kinds of trouble, and it seemed like Hernandez just couldn't adjust. I agree with the previous posters. Indeed it is sad to see this sort of thing. And yes indeed, this is what gives Germany a bad name. Ross was brought in as an opponent, and he was never going to get a fair shake.

Comment

That's not really a robbery by ordinary German standards.

Though how the ref managed to get a Hernandez who at that point thought he was a confused salmon swimming in a quiet lake out of round 5 was a work of art. He'll be revered in Germany for many a year.

Probably statue being erected as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    That's not really a robbery by ordinary German standards.

Though how the ref managed to get a Hernandez who at that point thought he was a confused salmon swimming in a quiet lake out of round 5 was a work of art. He'll be revered in Germany for many a year.

Probably statue being erected as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                    X