Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Guerrero go back to being a cherrypick fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I think a lot of people fear the Alexander fight so much they're prepared to let Floyd have this one.

My position has been consistent, he's not fighting the opponents the public want to see.
    Doesnt this fight set up a fight everyone wants to see n floyd fightin the winner of trout or Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      Great point. The problem is the same people that discredited the fight saying Guerrero was a cherrypick, turned around and said Floyd was ducking him as soon as Floyd announced he was fighting Devon. They're also gonna be the same people that are gonna flip flop and go back to it being a cherrypick if he announces it's Guerrero. These my friend are just the people who dislike Floyd no matter what he does.
      That's essentially what Floyd wanted though. He knew, and we knew that fight was another easy pay day, but announcing Alexander was such a shock, and even more garbage, that compared to that fight, Guerrero is like fighting Manny at this point.

Still a garbage fight, but way more entertaining than Alexander. Nothing's really changed, besides Floyd throwing a curve ball, by announcing the Alexander fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        Guerrero is a much better fight than Alexander.

It's still an easy fight.

Cherry pick? Hell no. Who is he supposed to fight?

And if it's Canelo-Trout on the same card with the winner fighting Floyd, how could anyone NOT love that?
        If anyone from #2-#10 at WW fought Guererro it would be considered a legitimate fight. Including Pacquaio.

With Mayweather it's considered a cherry pick.

He's simply held to a different standard.

Comment

It is a cherry pick in the sense that Floyd has had a helluva lot of time on his hands to decide who he wants to fight and a lot of deliberation and weighing up things before picking the fruit.

Guerro is also a cherry pick in the sense that it is not a fight to move himself up the ATG list potentially, rather just to pad out his career a little more as Guerrero has something and is a decent opponent.

If it was a choice of who could do him the most damage potentially the pick would be easier, it would be Sergio at 160, something that would surpass anything he has ever done.

Fighting and beating Guerrero possibly isnt his hardest fight to date, so in that sense is a cherry pick. Hope that explains it.

And irondamhanza Floyd once again is not held to a higher standard. Its just he fights less than others so when he does eventually fight, people expect him to return with a more than half decent fight, even more so in Floyds case as he is retiring again, but officially this time.....its just round the corner
          Last edited by hugh grant; 02-16-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

have you guys seen devons tweets today? he said best vs best #epic, then had another tweet saying floyd mayweather. I think he is just hoping for floyd but i doubt floyd will fight that bum... atleast i hope not

Comment

I think Guerreros tough but Floyd will walk right through him.
              Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 02-16-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                To them if floyd fights devon hes ducking a cherry pick in rob g .

if Floyd fights rob g hes ducking martinez or some one else that fights 13 pounds heavier or above.
                Because it's the truth.......

Whose them? Boxing fans that want to see him fight someone risky?
                Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-16-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I don't even like Mayweather but I'd still consider it a good fight

Comment

Back when there was hype between a LW Guerrero vs Mayweather at 147 where guys like Steward[RIP] and Duran were giving Guerrero a chance to pull off the upset, that would have been a decent win for Floyd at best. Now that Guerrero has two wins over 2 WW's, it's a legit fight between two WW's and no one can really talk crap about it. Alexander is on the same boat as well, his 2 wins over Maidana and Bailey make him a legit WW and if he beats Brook he'd be in a pretty good position to fight Floyd if Canelo loses to Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Two months ago Guerrero was looked at as a cherrypick fight. Then the haters flip flopped and changed to Floyd is ducking Guerrero. One guy even started a thread saying Guerrero was the most ducked fighter in boxing today lol. Im simply asking when this fight finally gets confirmed how will fans look at Guerrero?
                      Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      Great point. The problem is the same people that discredited the fight saying Guerrero was a cherrypick, turned around and said Floyd was ducking him as soon as Floyd announced he was fighting Devon. They're also gonna be the same people that are gonna flip flop and go back to it being a cherrypick if he announces it's Guerrero. These my friend are just the people who dislike Floyd no matter what he does.
                      Please show me evidence of the "same people" changing their position. They likely don't exist. Show me some specific posters.

I hate it when people make this type of argument. They see a couple people say something and they attribute it to the entire forum's general consciousness. Then after they see a someone else say something different, for some reason they once again attribute it to the forum's general consciousness when in fact it was always different people saying different things.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X