No announcement yet.

good crunches???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good crunches???

hey i just have a quick q..in the other thread soemone said that to do good crunches so it wont hurt u back and for u to do the work out good..."NOT to lift from behind your head"...so meaning then how do i lift when i come up? pure force? if someone can tell me how they do crunches(how they hold there arms etc..) i would really appreciate it..thanks you guys anywayz...

When you excercise you are supposed to isloate the muscle you are working out, put your hands behind your head and use only your stomach muscles to move up, if you do not like that then cross them over your chest, if you feel brave extend them straight up (so you are in a straight line) or put a weight on your chest .
    hope that helps

Comment

cool thanks man i really wanted to know

...doing weight lifting when trying to lose weight is a bad idea i know ur suppose to lose weight first before u start working on muscle...that way u lose weight fater and its not as hard

but abs workouts are not a problem right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurlex
        cool thanks man i really wanted to know

...doing weight lifting when trying to lose weight is a bad idea i know ur suppose to lose weight first before u start working on muscle...that way u lose weight fater and its not as hard

but abs workouts are not a problem right?
        no man combine the two, run and workout you increase your metabolism and lose the weight, there is no issue with doing both at the same time
        although do not run BEFORE you lift weights, only after
        Last edited by Ranger2408; 09-23-2004, 02:18 PM.

Comment

sounds like you need a good workout and diet plan
          try this www.askowen.com
          I am at the end of stage 2 and have never been stronger in my life

Comment

Originally posted by garrett2408
            no man combine the two, run and workout you increase your metabolism and lose the weight, there is no issue with doing both at the same time
            although do not run BEFORE you lift weights, only after
            Great post, It is a huge misunderstanding and misconception that if you lift weights you will get big...No it is the nutrition part that will get you your big burly muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
              Great post, It is a huge misunderstanding and misconception that if you lift weights you will get big...No it is the nutrition part that will get you your big burly muscles.
              you need to consume 1 gram of protein per kilo of bodyweight to get the benefit.
              also before you work out take protein in free from (powder) that way your muscles wont get broken down when you lift and you wont get the pain next morning
              Last edited by Ranger2408; 09-23-2004, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I agree with Garrett.

Building muscle and losing weight is fine, the bigger the muscles the more energy(kcal)they burn = weight loss!! lifting weight weight alone will help you lose weight!!

Running will help you lose weight but it will also help you lose muscle mass(not too much!) Your muscle mass changes to suit the activities you do. Which is a good thing because i can look smaller than some of the heavy gym users but still be stronger = KO them!!

Comment

If the hands are behind the head, don't pull the head up. start slow and ans short chopping cruches. it's important to keep the lower back on the floor while you're doing them. start out slow. be patient or you'll do damage to your back.

Comment

side crunches are also important.

Comment

Working...
                    X