Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really arsed about the team of the year thing, I'd say it's about right. The only players I'd maybe change would be Pique for Kompany and Alonso for Busquets/Yaya. Kompany has been a bit below par this season though so I dunno.

Their individual players are very good but the fact is that their title race has been over since about September. Where's the excitement?

Comment

• Ashley Cole and Phillip Lahm at a bare minimum.

And both those centre backs aren't the best by any stretch, imo. But they are decorated and this is the way it works it seems.

Not sure why Casillas is in there either. The whole defense is a shocker. How do they even pick this team again?

Not sure Chelsea players should get that much credit to be fair as last year was our worst season in well over a decade in many ways but we pinched the Champion's League which rights all wrongs. But Ashley Cole is probably still the best left back and certainly better than Marcelo who Mourinho specifically tried to replace.

Someone like Petr Cech was horrendous up until about March last year then he got his **** together. Drogba scored 11 goals total, lol.

Maybe Neuer in goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Ashley Cole and Phillip Lahm at a bare minimum.

And both those centre backs aren't the best by any stretch, imo. But they are decorated and this is the way it works it seems.

Not sure why Casillas is in there either. The whole defense is a shocker. How do they even pick this team again?

Not sure Chelsea players should get that much credit to be fair as last year was our worst season in well over a decade in many ways but we pinched the Champion's League which rights all wrongs. But Ashley Cole is probably still the best left back and certainly better than Marcelo who Mourinho specifically tried to replace.

Someone like Petr Cech was horrendous up until about March last year then he got his **** together. Drogba scored 11 goals total, lol.

Maybe Neuer in goal?
        You could make an argument for Cole I suppose. All the Spanish defenders get picked cos they play in teams that concede barely any goals. How many did Spain concede in the entire Euros? 1?

I thought Buffon might've been picked as the keeper, he had a few good games at the Euros and Juve went unbeaten.

Comment

• I believe the world XI should of included Pepe for Pique and Ozil for Iniesta.

Falcao or RvP would be fine upfront.

Comment

• Comment

• Sheer stupidity and no i am not talking about el feneneno laughable claim that kompany was the best cb in the world last year

Why do Spain never get recognition.. if its not ronaldo it has to go to a spanish player. I am sorry cannavarro won it and hr had a dog **** season but a great world cup.. its just a suck off messi competition..

He didnt win jack and got humiliated as captain of his country in some bum ass comp... and still wins. Ronaldo wins the league singlehandedly and almost wins the euros for a piss poor portugal side

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Rvp should be in there..

hell leighton baines had a better season then marcelo last year..

None of the bayern or chelsea players were good enough? Rubbish.. ramires and cahill deserve to be in there

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• **** team, Chelsea win the champions league and not a single player makes it? Fuvk me juve went undefeated and Italy reached the final of the euros yet not a single player from their squads? Spain just received a huge blow and handjob tonight

Comment

• Juventus won the league without a single defeat. Chelsea won the champions league. 10/11 players from 2 teams and all from la liga is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      **** team, Chelsea win the champions league and not a single player makes it? Fuvk me juve went undefeated and Italy reached the final of the euros yet not a single player from their squads? Spain just received a huge blow and handjob tonight
                      Not really.. the team bit hardly matters..

I can't remember last years team.. or the years before..

But i can probably tell u who won the individual award over the last 20 years or so.. Spain got ****ed in that respect.. they win international trophies 3 in a row.. and each year.. the award is going to ronaldo and then messi..

I think we can all agree Ronaldo made a mistake going to Madrid.. if he stays at United he splits those 4 awards messi has won in a row.

Comment

Working...
                      X