Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 "official" losses in a row and Pac is still the biggest $ fight for Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo, Trout, Guerrero, Bradley (Unrealistic) would present bigger challenges in the ring, Pacquiao may be great but he's one dimensional, which Mayweather would most certainly make him look. Even if by some miracle he can avenges his recent defeats, I still don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      This can not be disputed. Not Canelo nor Martinez, nor Marquez II will generate more money for Floyd than Pacquiao. If you ask me this irks Floyd. He has worked so hard to maintain his undefeated record yet his arch nemesis who had just lost his last 2 fights would STILL make for the richest fight in boxing.

Canelo would be big but not HUGE. He's big in Mexico but not as a worldwide star such as Pac.

Martinez would be big but would pull in less money than a fight than both Pac and Canelo due to limited Argentinian fanbase along with limited casual fanbase.

A rematch against JMM would draw some interest after his KO win against Pac but given the fact that their first fight was on competitive it also would draw little interest.

The fact that Floyd is still asked by interviewers about the possibility of a showdown with Pac shows that there is still much interest in this fight.
      Well of course you thinks it irks floyd but that's a self serving opinion.

Manny still has a huge fanbase. But waht made the fight big was manny hadn't lost in almost 10 yrs. While the bradley fight didn't take away from a floyd fight the jmm ko certainly did.

While triangle theories don't work style comparisons do. Floyd does eveything jmm does but better faster stronger and smarter with longer reach. Its likely hard to convince casual fans manny would beat floyd after the ko, which really resuces the hype. Espn only knows floyd v manny so they keep asking about it.

I don't think canelo will sell more but it will sell a lot.

Comment

So who can Floyd fight this year that would generate more money than a fight with Pacquiao?
        Tyson came off of 2 losses to Holyfield and was still the biggest draw for Frans Botha.

Just because a fighter is popular doesn't mean he's the best challenger/opponent at the time. We all know Mayweather would get no credit for fighting and defeating Pac at the moment, especially after getting stretched out by Jmm. Would you not agree?

Comment

Where did I say that? All I'm saying is that despite his 2 losses (actually 1), this would still be the most profitable fight for Floyd. I think Pac should have one comeback fight and end the year with a showdown with Floyd. Fighters like Pac dont lose fans given his exciting fan friendly style. It will still be a megafight with one big comeback win for Pac. I believe an exciting win over Rios would bring a huge demand back for Floyd/Pac. Too bad Floyd has already created roadblocks by saying Pac needs to rematch and beat Bradley and JMM first.
          I'm pretty sure it's common sense, that Floyd and Pac are still 1and 2 PPV sellers, so basically you made a thread to point out the obvious. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Well of course you thinks it irks floyd but that's a self serving opinion.

Manny still has a huge fanbase. But waht made the fight big was manny hadn't lost in almost 10 yrs. While the bradley fight didn't take away from a floyd fight the jmm ko certainly did.

While triangle theories don't work style comparisons do. Floyd does eveything jmm does but better faster stronger and smarter with longer reach. Its likely hard to convince casual fans manny would beat floyd after the ko, which really resuces the hype. Espn only know floyd v manny so they keep asking about it.

I don't think canelo will sell more but it will sell a lot.
            Many don't get that...

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Floyd said yesterday that Pacquiao needs to beat Bradley and Marquez first and then he'll think about, that doesn't sound like a guy who is desperate.
              Of course he's not desperate. Showtime with their desperation to land Floyd gave him a multi fight contract with guaranteed money regardless of who he fights. You think he's going to take 6 tough fights at this point in his career? LOL. He's going to milk it and ride off into the sunset while as he put it "come back to steal some more money". Sadly his fans are ok with that.

Comment

Where did I say that? All I'm saying is that despite his 2 losses (actually 1), this would still be the most profitable fight for Floyd. I think Pac should have one comeback fight and end the year with a showdown with Floyd. Fighters like Pac dont lose fans given his exciting fan friendly style. It will still be a megafight with one big comeback win for Pac. I believe an exciting win over Rios would bring a huge demand back for Floyd/Pac. Too bad Floyd has already created roadblocks by saying Pac needs to rematch and beat Bradley and JMM first.
                So this whole thread is another floyd roadblock thread. so that's why you think the fight is still the biggest-so you can make another roadblock thread. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  Floyd said yesterday that Pacquiao needs to beat Bradley and Marquez first and then he'll think about, that doesn't sound like a guy who is desperate.
                  Yes, he had a lot of time to think about whether to fight Pac, after Pac beat JMM 3 times, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, SSM etc etc, but but Floyd never takes the last step of actually fighting, just thinking and talking.

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
                  Lmaoo a pac fan talking about leftovers. Is the ghost a left over? The last leftover floyd fought was judah and he went on to beat the guy who whooped judah.
                  Floyd dont always fight people coming off of a loss if he can help it, but he certainly fights peoples leftovers, from Hernandez, to DLH, to SSM to JMM.
                  Hes been doiing it for most of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
                    Tyson came off of 2 losses to Holyfield and was still the biggest draw for Frans Botha.

Just because a fighter is popular doesn't mean he's the best challenger/opponent at the time. We all know Mayweather would get no credit for fighting and defeating Pac at the moment, especially after getting stretched out by Jmm. Would you not agree?
                    At this point I would agree, but with one big win over a young tough opponent like Rios would put the demand right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Many don't get that...
                      True. Espn is about the mainstream fans and that's all they seem to know about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X