No announcement yet.

Froch Suffering From Parkinson's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    I know he's not amazingly unique, but I've never seen a fighter fight like he does.

He has no defense whatsoever.
    Yet he's only ever been down once in his career, and wasn't particularly hurt then. I find it strange to pick out Froch in particular. He has a very awkward style and is really that slow or plodding.

Comment

What about the millions of people in the world who aren't boxers and have Parkinsons?

Comment

the americans would love it if froch got parkinsons. then they would say something like this "froch deserved parkinson!" or "i hope froch suffers coz he is brittish" and etc etc, the americans are a sick people that would even ridicule and hate on brits or euros that have parkinson. despcicabel.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          Find another fighter who fights like Froch does.
          Valero.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Tomas Adamek
          Nah. From the looks of it (although admittedly I haven't seen many fights of his) he actually keeps his guard up and looks like a decent boxer in there, albeit going into Calslappy mode sometimes when he unloads. He's not bad.

Froch really is somethin else, though... I've never seen such blatant disregard for defence or making one's offence look unpredictable. Those telegraphed uppercuts, wide swinging hooks (arcs, more like), the combinations with zero guard, and really lousy footwork - how he gets away with it I'll never know! Thankfully he's now become involved with guys who'll test him.

Yet, I find myself intrigued by the guy because he's totally different to Calzaghe - he actually wants to get stuck into the thick of things, and wants to fight. Calzaghe hijacked that WBO title for 8 years and never genuinely sought out a Stateside fight for other belts. I find that so off-putting. Froch, despite his shortcomings in the ring, is like a breath of fresh air when it comes to promoting and arranging a fight.

Comment

Parkinsons is hereditary, not caused by boxing. He has a chance of becoming punchy when he gets older, depending on how much longer he decides to box, or if he learns to keep his hands up and quit blocking punches with his face.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
              No, because he can't.
              Look who's in your avatar before commenting. hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
              X