No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but no he doesn't. Sergio would flat lay Cotto out and put him on a stretcher.
    FACT. Cotto's best case scenario in this fight would be a doctor, corner, or ref technical stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
      Cotto fighting Martinez suddenly turn into comparing Martinez to Pac. Same stupid trend in NSB.
      Somebody compared Sergio and said he was a bigger version of a prime Manny Pacquiao and that is clearly false. I had to call that guy out for that one. Cannot compare the two style wise.

Comment

• Bad fight for Cotto. Martinez too big, too fast.

Comment

• Cotto is 1 if my favorite fighters but he's not managed well. Fighting Sergio would be a wrong move. Sergio is too slick for him, and is it me or has anyone else noticed Cotto's punches don't seem to powerful with 10 oz gloves? He needs to go back to 147 with 8oz gloves. Little more pop for his punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Martinez knocked Barker out while Pacquiao got knocked out by a guy he was supposed to KO for how many years? Manny could not over come Marquez even with all advantages stacked in his favor. Manny cannot adjust because he is offensive minded. Martinez can adjust.
            Martinez has never fought anybody as great as Marquez, it's easy to adjust against B level fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Martinez has never fought anybody as great as Marquez, it's easy to adjust against B level fighters.
              Yeah the Barker - Marquez comparison was rich. Barker never even made a divisional top 10, nor beat a top 20 opponent.

Comment

• Perhaps it's just me, but I always tend to cringe when someone starts referring to themselves in third person. It's a sure sign of an over inflated ego.

Comment

• people better give Cotto credit if he fights Sergio. He would have fought 3 of the best pound-for-pound fighters of his generation without hesitation: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Martinez

Comment

• Damn Cotto always refers to himself in the third person.

Comment

• Cotto's a warrior. The dude will fight anybody. I'm not sure I agree with this match up, but **** it.

Comment

Working...
                      X