No announcement yet.

My Economic Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Economic Plan

1.Legalize everything that's illegal.The government decides to bust in and bust everybody for doing something they don't think is right. Why bust everybody? Tax everybody! Reduce taxes on citizens that haven't broken the law. If you don't want to change pay the tax or change your life you might be assed out. P.S. I'm talking every kind of drug, prostitution, and etc.
    2. With legalization comes excusing all drug sentences. No matter what. Reducing prison overcrowding.
    3. If the goverment and state goverments spend so much money on fighting the war on drugs I say reverse roles and get money for your efforts. If you bust somebody don't arrest them. Just say "We have now added you to our tax list."

Bum ass plan.

Comment

Better than everyone else's. I'm just some guy behind a computer and I just solved two social issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
        1.Legalize everything that's illegal.The government decides to bust in and bust everybody for doing something they don't think is right. Why bust everybody? Tax everybody! Reduce taxes on citizens that haven't broken the law. If you don't want to change pay the tax or change your life you might be assed out. P.S. I'm talking every kind of drug, prostitution, and etc.
        2. With legalization comes excusing all drug sentences. No matter what. Reducing prison overcrowding.
        3. If the goverment and state goverments spend so much money on fighting the war on drugs I say reverse roles and get money for your efforts. If you bust somebody don't arrest them. Just say "We have now added you to our tax list."
        Legalizing drugs is a good idea with the added incentive to tax it as well.

The prison population especially those dealing with drugs need to be rehabilitated and recorded digitally. Rehabilitated means the prisoners will get high school education and an optional college education if they pursue it. The high school education is mandatory for rehabilitation. Recorded digitally means that their pictures, finger prints, blood type/specimen, and other factorials are recorded in both federal and state level to better track previous violators.

Part of the rehabilitation will include job training as well. Carpentry, trash collecting, fixing highway light fixtures, and other service related jobs are offered as base foundation for job training. They could even start fixing highway roads and bridges like cementing, painting, and driving heavy machinery.

All of these programs are funded by the tax levied on prostitution and drugs.

Also, with prostitution if it becomes legal should be taxed and medically monitored by federal and state government. Prostitutes will be examined by local clinics for STD's and health checkup. These will be funded by the taxes the prostitutes pay for themselves. Prostitutes have "rights" like to reject service to a customer and they will not be harmed by their working environment. Condoms are a must in the brothel. Brothels with approved, healthy, and STD-free prostitutes will surely have more business.

I can imagine the U.S. producing a Red Light district similar to Netherlands from California to New Jersey. I think it is illegal to have a brothel in NYC proper which is Manhattan.

Marijuana will be distributed by legal companies which are taxed and the product taxed as well. Doctors have an easier time prescribing it to cancer patients. Marijuana and other "illegal" drugs today already have an equivalent of an Alcoholic Anonymous meetings in the U.S. Drug rehab centers are already found in the U.S.

However, this time drug rehabs will open up for those who are poor and middle class because federally and state funded drug rehab centers are paid by the taxes coming from those drugs. That is the benefit of taxing those damn illegal drugs. When time comes to recover and stop using drugs the places to go to will increase and will better support the individual. The stigma will not be as harsh as today because 1). everyone is doing it and 2). there are more supports from a big crowd much like anyone who have gone to an alcohol anonymous meeting. I went to an alcohol anonymous meeting with a friend. I sat outside the circle listening in. It is sad but the group my friend who was in it felt reassured and supported more than I could offer him. Military is known for alcohol consumption. And that is how my friend ended up in an AA.

There are a lot of good things to come out when legalizing drugs and prostitution like more income source for taxes, an end in the War Against Drugs, less police harassing marijuana users, less crowding in jail, less Hispanics and blacks in jail, more sources to recover from drug use, better treatment to prostitutes, and overall a better sense of order in a usually disorder and chaotic worlds of drug use and prostitution. Now, bad things will arise too. However, is bad things really going to rise? We already have dead beat lazy people who smoke marijuana all day. We already have people overdosing from cocaine and other drugs like LSD. We already have prostitutes doing illegal things. I doesn't make it right and it is against the law but are the laws and morality stopping all those? The answer is no.

So, why not try and legalize it? Try and control it like Netherlands and Spain are doing. We already have evidence. I keep saying Netherlands but it worked out for them for 50 years. The only reason why it is folding is because of U.S. pressure and EU pressure.

Well these are my thoughts about these two problems in society.
        Last edited by jjbj2; 09-15-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you your really an intelligent poster!

Comment

Working...
          X