Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Margarito considering a Clottey fight and ignoring Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Margarito considering a Clottey fight and ignoring Williams?

Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.

Originally posted by El 7 Mares View Post
    Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public
    Has Margarito become the new Mayweather????

Comment

lol Anyone who thinks Antonio Margarito is going to pull a Floyd Mayweather and avoid Paul Williams is a ****in moron, or a trigger happy Mayweather fan.

All the Mayweather nutt-huggers could only wish they're fighter had the nerve to take on anyone and everyone.

I mean you notice how Tony has only been champ for a couple weeks if not less, and they're ALREADY tryin to criticize him...lol ****in corny ass boxing fans. You kids are lameee. lol Our fighter took on the best in America all the way to Puerto Rico and still pulled out positive. You're favorite fighters run in fights, pitty patt grown men, and don't fight ANYONEEEE.

lol And it's just 2 weeks since Tony got the crown, and they're tryin to discredit Margarito and call him out.

****in rats, the lot of em lol.
      Last edited by MaYaN_SuN; 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Let me tell you why.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.
        not true

HBO showed the first Williams Quintana fight and it was the main event to Berto Trabant

Comment

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
          lol Anyone who thinks Antonio Margarito is going to pull a Floyd Mayweather and avoid Paul Williams is a ****in moron, or a trigger happy Mayweather fan.

All the Mayweather nutt-huggers could only wish they're fighter had the nerve to take on anyone and everyone.

****in rats, the lot of em lol.
          Imagine if Mayweather did that to Cotto. People here would be saying Floyd was the Greatest of All-Time better than SRR, SRL, Ali combined.

That's not even an exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
            Imagine if Mayweather did that to Cotto. People here would be saying Floyd was the Greatest of All-Time better than SRR, SRL, Ali combined.

That's not even an exaggeration.
            lol True..But I don't even think Mayweather could have gotten by Cotto with the momentum(sp) Miguel had. Miguel punches are short and hard, they would have turned that shoulder D into shredded pork, especially at the torso.

Mayweather knew exactly what he was doin in avoiding Cotto.

If Mayweather had any heart, he would have takin Cotto after the Judah and Mosley wins.

He would have inserted himself for a big paycheck and a big fight.

Comment

Forgot about what Williams has or hasn't done on Showtime and think about what boxing fans want to see: Williams-Margarito rematch...

Comment

Let me tell you why.

let me tell u something!

OJALA AND HE FIGHTS CLOTTEy... risking a lot for less.... .then u will realize some things that your fanatic blindness doesnt let u see...

Margo deserves A GOOD PAYDAY... and thats with williams...and im pretty sure he can win even knock him out! if he fights clottey and FOR ANY REASON find a way to loose... me voy a estar riendoooooooooo como nunca....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Forgot about what Williams has or hasn't done on Showtime and think about what boxing fans want to see: Williams-Margarito rematch...
                  You'll get it..

lol Tony isn't Floyd..

Comment

Either fight unifies (well at least hopefully) the welterweight titles. There is no downside to that. If I were Margarito I'd rather fight Williams anyway. Clottey is a tough, tough fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X