No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Glazewski Post-Fight Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Glazewski Post-Fight Presser

Atlas Arena, Lodz, Poland - A post-fight press conference took place to discuss Saturday night's fight between Pawel Glazewski (17-1, 4KOs) and former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. (56-8, 40KOs). Jones, who went down in the sixth round, won a controversial ten round split decision. The scores were 95-94 for Glazewski and 96-93 and 96-94 for Jones.

[Click Here To Read More]

Give the guy a break, he's 43? and still has speed. I think its a training and boxing styles issue. He doesn't have the reflexes of old so he needs to change his style some-what. Look at Joe Calzaghe at the beginning of his career he was a hard hitting puncher. When his hands broke he became a boxer, speed'ster with volume punches.

Roy is trying to be of old and it isnt clearly working due to the reliance on reflexes. He needs to be MORE conventional IMHO. What do you guys think?

Comment

Man I jus saww this fight on youtube and Jones looked really good n beath the guy 8 out of 10rds....his jab was sharp he was making this kid miss...he was doing a little dancing....this fight was not close at all jones looked good and the knock down was more jones being off balance

Comment

good win for roy but i still hope he retires soon. i just dont want to see the guy take another bad knockout which in turn can cause long term damage.

Comment

retireeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Now Roy Can retire with a win. For his sake I hope this win doesn't encourage him to continue.

Comment

Jones has definetly changed his style not fighting like he is a young man. Was so surprised to see him pumping a jab, not letting himself get repeatedly trapped on the ropes or in the corner, at times he showed he still has that split second reaction timing with his counters he even hurt the guy who pretended he slipped and always pointed at the canvas.

For all those who want him to quit, I'm with ya, I was on the edge of my seat not because the fight was entertaining far from it, I always felt Jones was one punch away from a KO. He won't quit though he desperately wants that cruiserweight belt so he can at least go out a champ and break another record of winniing a title in every division between MW to HW. Win the title or not I hope that's his last run for a title.

Comment

"Superman" looked good! On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I'm giving Jones a 7.5 and that's only because he got dropped in the 6 th round. If it wasn't for that he would be a solid 8. There's still some things he needs to work on before he gets the title shot but I believe he'll be ready. In my opinion Jones will win if:
                1. He stays off the ropes
                2. Keep the fight in the middle of the ring
                3. Stay on Wlodarczyk's weak side
                4. Preserve energy by using the Jab and straight right hand to keep Wlodarczyk back
                5. When Wlodarczyk is in close, utilize the uppercut and hooks to get off hard body shots
                6. Include the shoulder roll in your defense style to make him miss and waste energy
                7. Fight in angles, don't become a standing target
                8. Switch styles from south paw to something different to confuse your opponent
                9. When Wlodarczyk is hurt, finish him off
                10. Let your hands go, points don't count if you're not landing anything
                11. Utilize the left hand more. 90 percent of people are right handed, surprise him the
                left hand and bring the heat with the right
                12. Use the Ali, Ray Leonard and Jordan Technique: Talk to your opponent to
                get him off his game plan when you're in close. Many people may disagree
                with it but it works in many sports especially boxing and basketball.
                13. What happened to hitting guys 4 or 5 times with hook shots, bring
                that into the fight. Heck, it scores BIG with the judges.

This is not a tune up. So if there are any tricks remaining, this will be a perfect time for him to bring them out and show the world that "Superman" Jones is the baddest boxer to ever lace um up! At the end of the day, I believe he will accomplish his goal and leave Poland as the New Cruiserweight Champion Of The World!
                Last edited by jray100k; 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Roy needs to retire.

Comment

I didn't even know Roy Jones was still fighting..

Comment

Working...
                    X