Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What konck out was more shocking Tarver vs. Jones or Marquez vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez vs. Pacquiao, Jones going down was definitely shocking, but not like that. Not to me, anyway.

Comment

Tarver/Jones

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Tarver-Jones...Jones has never been beaten let alone ko'd....Manny had been ktfo 2 times already and i thing Jmm had already beaten him 2 times and i called it before the fight,no shock at all
        What shocked me was the fact that he was knocked out cold.
        Last edited by $tate of Mind; 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Jones Tarver because Jones was much more untouchable than Manny. Also based on the first fight Tarver did good but he didn't look like he was a sure thing to beat Jones. JMM is clearly a tough match-up for Manny as has been proven over and over again, so him getting a W is not surprising how it happened was surprising but the way Manny fought always seemed to make it more likely for him to get caught than a guy like Jones.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that the first knockdown was more shocking then the knockout? The KO of Pacquiao was still very shocking though. Jones-Tarver is just behind in terms of shock value.

Comment

marquez vs pacquiao.

tarver is a LHW, and a big one. big guys like that are much more likely to end fights in knockouts if a mistake is made. it really only takes one or two shots from a guy that size, even if he's not a top flight puncher. tarver is a good left handed counterpuncher.

marquez stopped manny cold at WW, and he's not much more than a natural LW now, and was a career FW. manny has made a career out of taking on much bigger punches. when marquez did well against manny it was usually after he slowed the pace of the fight and outboxed him. this time around he hit him with a freight train right hand and put the baby to sleep.

both manny and roy were faded, but roy was jumping down a weight class after having a go at HW. it wasn't known until after the fight, but draining himself down to 175 took a lot out of him. he lost many lbs of muscle quickly, and it contributed to his resistance to big shots going way down.

Comment

This thread is proof that most of the children who post here have been watching boxing for about two years.

Comment

Tarver - Jones was def more shocking Jones was just seemingly invincible at the time of the KO Manny had been beat before knocked down before etc

Comment

Roy went from being untouchable to being iced in the second round by one punch. Manny being stopped cold was also a huge surprise to me. I didn't know Marquez had that kind of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Tarver-Jones by FAR
                      the Pac-JMM KO was only mildly surprising
                      Roy getting iced was Tokyo-esque
                      ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X