Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Orlando Salido at 126 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Rigo is small at 122, and he'll be even smaller at 126. He'd be at an even bigger size disadvantage @ FW against Nonito. Rigo should try to campaign for as long as his body allows him to.
    he is small and has limited reach, but they said the same thing to gamboa who is reported to move up even to 140 or 147 lbs. division. so rigo moving up 1 weught division is not a forgone conclusion

Comment

Salido by Vicious K.O.!

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        True but tbh I think Rigo was declining before he went pro, I think Salido would knock him out for sure and I'd put a lot of money on it. I have a feeling Rigo will be knocked out sometime soon, not necessarily that he naturally has a weak chin, I just can't imagine a fighter with his kind of background, rigorous amateur training and hundreds of fights, not having taking a serious toll, especially given his age and size.
        true rigo has tons of mileage and plus he's already 32 yrs old surprisingly, but salido is the same age as rigo, has also gone through plenty of wars at the pro level without protective head hear, so in terms of wear and tear, both are on even par. rigo has the skill but salido has more heart, and the one with more heart wins

Comment

salido's too strong , too big for rigo

hell even i think it's the most dangerous fight for nonito at 26 and thats including gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            salido's too strong , too big for rigo

hell even i think it's the most dangerous fight for nonito at 26 and thats including gamboa
            true, donaire can be hit, but he can also adjust, donaire i think has better overall boxing skills than salido and schools him

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              he is small and has limited reach, but they said the same thing to gamboa who is reported to move up even to 140 or 147 lbs. division. so rigo moving up 1 weught division is not a forgone conclusion
              Gamboa may be short and kinda stubby, but he's also jacked and has been blowing up after weighin for a while. Rigo barely gains any weight fight night, so he's smaller than most super bantams. Now 122 is hot, but that just happened. I don't understand why he didn't turn pro at 115, he could have picked up belts moving up. This way he moves up to feather, and is grossly outsized by almost everyone.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Interesting!
                  I wonder how people view this fight now. At this point, Rigo takes Siri to school.

Comment

I'd feel confident that Rigo would have pretty comfortably handled the Salido we saw Lomachenko fight. Salido in 2012? We'd probably have a fight on our hands.

Comment

Rigo.. UD..

Comment

Working...
                      X