No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barker Still Devastated, Hearn Promises Another Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barker Still Devastated, Hearn Promises Another Shot

Darren Barker has thanked fight fans for the ‘overwhelming response’ after his fantastic performance in his fight with middleweight king Sergio Martinez in Atlantic City on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

Barker did himself proudly.

At least, the fight was competitive than the Williams vs Lara which was a one-sided beating. Or Mosley running away from Pacquiao for 8 rounds in a $60.00 PPV match. Or the Mayweather vs Ortiz circus match-up that resulted in unsportsmanlike action with a sucker punch stoppage in a measly 4 round $70.00 PPV match.

Martinez vs Barker was a down to Earth and honest to goodness boxing match.

Barker should go home with his head looking forward. At least, he is now known across two continents and did himself proudly.
    Last edited by jjbj2; 10-03-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I was one of the people who talked a lot of **** about Barker's chances against Martinez. I chose not to attend the fight because I didn't think it would last more than a round or two. I thought he was going to a Peter McNeeley V. Mike Tyson. He proved me wrong. I will support him as a fan in all of his future fights. Cognrats, Darren. I don't think anyone else could have done what you did against Martinez. I take Barker against any other middleweights right now. He has a big future.

Comment

I'll be tuning in on that for sure.

Comment

It looked like Barker had a chin at first...but I was wrong. The worst part is that he'll now be even more vulnerable to that temple shot in the future. A strange KO like that could make him a ragdoll in the ring like Roy Jones.

Comment

He had a perforated ear drum, no wonder he didn't get back up. Barker has a decent chin, but he needs to fight more people like Martinez. The best thing he can do is jump into a fight with someone like Manfredo.

Comment

I wanna see Barker take on Macklin before talk of another title fight. They both lost in their respective title matchups so it only makes sense if they get it on.

Comment

Good point, Komodo.

The best middleweight in Britain is yet to be decided. We have Barker, Macklin, Murray and Craig McEwan.

All 4 of which need to fight eachother! I'd love to see Barker-Macklin, we've been calling for that for years. Murray is new on the scene and although McEwan has been doing well Stateside, he's relatively unknown over here.

Comment

I was impressed with his performance. Let's see how he does against an elite fighter that does not let his guard down.

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
                    It looked like Barker had a chin at first...but I was wrong. The worst part is that he'll now be even more vulnerable to that temple shot in the future. A strange KO like that could make him a ragdoll in the ring like Roy Jones.
                    you can have a chin and still get KO'd

Comment

Working...
                    X