No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Pretty Soon, I'll Be on Mayweather's Radar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman: Pretty Soon, I'll Be on Mayweather's Radar

WBA interim-welterweight champion Keith "One Time" Thurman (21-0, 19KOs) is still dreaming about a possible fight with WBC champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs). Thurman is one fight away from getting a shot at the full WBA championship, which is currently held by Adrien Broner. Mayweather returns against Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 14th. In 2014, Thurman hopes, he will get his sought after shot at Mayweather.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thurman doesn't have anywhere near enough fights to be on Floyds radar and the top welterweights aren't going to be in a rush to fight him so I don't think he will get the chance to clean out the division. Floyd makes easy work of him as of right now regardless...

Comment

In b4 thurman is to big of risk for Floyd.

Comment

Floyd's ducking Thurman.

Comment

thurman vs mathysse. that would be the ****

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            In b4 thurman is to big of risk for Floyd.
            Too big a risk?? Canelo is about to come into the ring at 168-170 pounds and Floyd is worried about Thurman? Canelo would KO Thurman in 6 rounds..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Too big a risk?? Canelo is about to come into the ring at 168-170 pounds and Floyd is worried about Thurman? Canelo would KO Thurman in 6 rounds..
              Styles make fights though. Canelo is a favourable match-up for Mayweather because he's static. Thurman can actually move.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Styles make fights though. Canelo is a favourable match-up for Mayweather because he's static. Thurman can actually move.
                Man you sound crazy, like A typical hater. I was the 1st one to give Thurman props for his victory but facts are facts. Thurman is a good fighter. Floyd Mayweather is an elite fighter. Thurman can move yes but he's not that fast. He loads up on his punches as well. Thurman's Floyd's height with shorter arms so really he's not much bigger then Floyd. He's no threat to Floyd right now and I'd love to see Thurman vs Guerrero because I think Guerrero would give him some problems. Styles do make fights but Floyd's faced guys like Thurman so many times that I wouldn't even be interested in that match up.. All power, limited skill..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  Man you sound crazy, like A typical hater.
                  What are you talking about bro? all I said is your triangle theory doesn't work because Canelo and Thurman are very different fighters.

I was the 1st one to give Thurman props for his victory but facts are facts. Thurman is a good fighter. Floyd Mayweather is an elite fighter. Thurman can move yes but he's not that fast. He loads up on his punches as well. Thurman's Floyd's height with shorter arms so really he's not much bigger then Floyd. He's no threat to Floyd right now and I'd love to see Thurman vs Guerrero because I think Guerrero would give him some problems. Styles do make fights but Floyd's faced guys like Thurman so many times that I wouldn't even be interested in that match up.. All power, limited skill..
                  Ah I see, you're a flomo so any suggestion that Floyd should fight someone is met with a 'he's not worthy' response despite lesser fighters seemingly being worthy.

I didn't even say Thurman would beat Mayweather, I did say it's a tougher style match-up than Canelo for him.

As an aside imo Thurman would wreck Guerrero. He's too powerful, his chin is too good to be overly concerned by anything light-punching RG brought to the table.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 07-29-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Let's see who Thurman fights next. Hopefully it's a step up in competition (maybe Guerrero or Maidana) and let's see how he fairs. If he beats them, then he can be in the Floyd discussion IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X