No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cory Spinks – Calling on The Spinks Jinx One More Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cory Spinks – Calling on The Spinks Jinx One More Time

By Thomas Gerbasi - Cory Spinks once told me that “If you understand boxing, you know that boxing is an art. If you just go in there to get punched on and then try to hit, it’s not really a skill because anyone can do that. The skill is to hit and not get hit.”

He was one hundred percent correct. But there are a lot of truths in this world that aren’t exactly pleasant to deal with: you have to pay taxes every year, vegetables are good for you, and that those boxers whose philosophy is to hit and not get hit often aren’t the most compelling to watch.

Spinks definitely fell into that category for a lot of years until a New York press conference in 2003 made me change my opinion of the St. Louis native forever. His opponent for a December 2003 bout, Ricardo Mayorga, was never known for his class or tact when it came to promoting a fight, but after Spinks spoke of dedicating the bout to his deceased mother, Mayorga crossed the line of tastefulness by a mile when he told the assembled media, “I’m going to send you and reunite you with your whole family that happens to be upstairs with the Lord Jesus Christ and I’ll stay down here with my family, which is alive and well.” [Click Here To Read More]

fuck Spinks, somebody KO him again and end his boring career already

Comment

Spinks by easy UD!

Comment

I was at ringside for Cornelius Bundrage-Sechew Powell 2 last summer. Spinks fought on the same card. He is totally done.

I think Bundrage will stop him again, maybe even quicker than last time.

Comment

He never had the Spinks Jinx!!!!! So I don't know what the hell he is talking about. That was the Micheal Spinks power right hand. Cory needs to pull out the Spinks Pillow, which is any punch he throws, no power.

Comment

I'm really pulling for Bundrage tomorrow night. I've met him and he's a really nice, humble guy IMO.

Plus he's from the D

Comment

Is E. Steward still training K9 for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                fuck Spinks, somebody KO him again and end his boring career already
                If putting an entire stadium full of people to sleep is an art, then Cory Spinks is Picasso.
                Last edited by hillbilly; 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  He never had the Spinks Jinx!!!!! So I don't know what the hell he is talking about. That was the Micheal Spinks power right hand. Cory needs to pull out the Spinks Pillow, which is any punch he throws, no power.
                  His pillow hands earned him the title of undisputed champ at ww.

Comment

Spinks is done he need to quit already....and K9 is a chump dont care what no one says....K9 by UD then spinks retires!

Comment

Working...
                    X