No announcement yet.

Is Joe Calzaghe an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joe Calzaghe an ATG?

I think he is. also he is the best SMW of all times.
    Yes
    36.00%
    No
    64.00%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 01-20-2013, 03:18 AM.

umm yes? he took BHop and Jone's soul with him into retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post
      umm yes? he took BHop and Jone's soul with him into retirement
      Thanks for agreeing, but that's not what made him an ATG.. I'm a huge Joe Calzaghe fan but even I admit Jones was pretty much shot.

I don't even factor in the Jones win.

Comment

I say no.

He didnt do enought and has two psat prime wins on his resume.

shit that aint nothing

Comment

Yes.

Joe Calzaghe (46-0) is most definitely is an ATG.

Comment

Yes he is,he is a 2 division champion and cleaned out 168 with 21 title defenses while retiring 46-0 with 32 knockouts,People question if he is an ATG,but had Hopkins at one before he moved up to 175.

Comment

Yes. Without a doubt.

Comment

Not in my opinion. Andre Ward has already done more and I believe would have his way with him. Ward at this point has fought better opposition WHEN IT MATTERED than Calzaghe ever did.

Comment

Yes. Hopkins was the man at 175 when Joe moved up, Joe beat Kessler (when he was undefeated), ruined Lacy as a fighter, Eubank and a past prime Jones.

But he beat a lot of other good former and future champions as well Robin Reid, Omar Sheika, Richie Woodhall, Charles Brewer, Byron Mitchell, Mario Veit and Sakio Bika.

I'd say it's comparable with Hopkins early MW reign (Hopkins toward the late middle of his MW reign has a greater depth of competition).

Comment

Yeah, when you can beat Roy Jones JR and Bernard Hopkins without throwing a single punch, that tells me you're one of the ATG. They dont call him Joe Calslappy for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X