No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: Montiel, Mares Are Tougher Than Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire: Montiel, Mares Are Tougher Than Rigondeaux

WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire (31-1, 20KOs) believes Mexico's Fernando Montiel is a tougher opponent than WBA 122-pound king Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs). Donaire knocked out in two rounds in their 2011 unification match. He faces Rigondeaux, a two-time Olympic gold medal winner and regarded as one of the best amateur fighters in history, in a unification on April 13th in New York City. Donaire also says Abner Mares, now at featherweight, is a tougher foe as well.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah Mares is definitely tougher...it's too bad that fight won't happen.

Comment

nonito gonna lose

That is a terrible attitude and approach to have a week before fight night. He is clearly underestimating a fighter who is a big threat to him. Rigo beat Mares in 2003 pan-american games 17-7.

Nonito will lose if he underestimates rigo during the fight for sure.

Rigo wins rd 11 corner stoppage, body punches will be too much for nonito.

Comment

i think rigo will last more than 2 rounds but i do think that montiel was better than rigo will ever be ....

and i do agree mares is the tougher fight ...

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
          That is a terrible attitude and approach to have a week before fight night. He is clearly underestimating a fighter who is a big threat to him. Rigo beat Mares in 2003 pan-american games 17-7.

Nonito will lose if he underestimates rigo during the fight for sure.

Rigo wins rd 11 corner stoppage, body punches will be too much for nonito.
          That's right. (Keep thinking that way, Nonito! lol)

Comment

I'ma big fan of mares but lets be real here rigondeux is a bigger threat to nonito then abner. Rigondeux is the better all around fighter hands down.no argument he does every thing better. For nonito to be thinking this way is a mistake. I hope it doesn't cost him. Rigondeux is gonna make some fans the 13th just watch

Comment

Abner Mares is far more accomplished as a pro fighter. Their resumes aren't even comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                I'ma big fan of mares but lets be real here rigondeux is a bigger threat to nonito then abner. Rigondeux is the better all around fighter hands down.no argument he does every thing better. For nonito to be thinking this way is a mistake. I hope it doesn't cost him. Rigondeux is gonna make some fans the 13th just watch
                you cant really blame him for thinking this way coz it just so happened that nonito's toughest fight to date came from a fighter closer to abner's style in concepcion....

Comment

I don't agree with what Donaire is saying. Donaire is putting a lot of pressure on himself by saying Montiel was tougher because Montiel wasn't around long enough to say that. I was personally favoring Donaire before some of his Diva statements but now if Rigo wins, maybe this will humble Donaire a bit.

Comment

it is kinda arrogant now for nonito to think montiel was a tougher fight than rigo ONLY becuase we already know the outcome of that fight ...

but if we did'nt , before that fight happened, i doubt anyone would say rigo is the tougher fight esp with montiel being the #8 top p4p at that time....

Comment

Working...
                    X