No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan on Picking Hunter, Firing Roach, Facing Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan on Picking Hunter, Firing Roach, Facing Hatton

Former champion Amir Khan (26-3, 18KOs) believes he will become a completely different fighter after hiring new trainer Virgil Hunter. After suffering back to back defeats to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia, Khan fired longtime trainer Freddie Roach. Khan is scheduled for his comeback fight against Carlos Molina on December 15th.

He says working with Roach at the always crowded Wild Card Gym in Hollywood allowed for a lot of other fighters to know exactly what he planned to do in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

shots fired @ Roach

Virg was a EXCELLENT choice....can't wait to see the results...should be positive!!!

Comment

what amir really need is a cement on his chin instead of a new trainer

Comment

Khan had better be careful if he sees Roach in person again. Freddie might knock him out.

Comment

This loser Khan is a joke... he has the same fan base as Bradley now.. cuzz he can't just take a loss like a man... When he was winning it was "FREDDIE ROACH IS THE BEST" now that he loses... "FREDDIE ROACH SUCKS, AND WILDCARD GYM IS A BAD PLACE TO WORKOUT"... you're a drama queen and a sore loser... your career is over no matter where you go little crybaby..

Comment

Interesting to hear him say he has a poor defense.

Never heard him say anything negative about himself before.

Comment

I don't really think a zebra at the stage of his career can change his stripes completely. But I do think a trainer who focuses more on defense may make Khan a little more defensively responsible.

As for his chin, I think he has an underrated chin. By no means is he Margarito, but he did withstand an assault from Maidana, who we know can crack. So I don't think Khan is quite as chinny as a lot of people make him out to be.

Comment

This guy is a moron! A boxer who takes on all comers (Except Prescott) but a moron still, He doesnt need to say too much about what goes on with him and Roach, He cannot be blaming his trainers every single time that he loses, Yes he need a trainer that would spend time and dedicate more time on his defense but no trainer can make him listen, When he was training for Danny Garcia his Fitness coach told him to stop brawling in sparring, This moron told him "Thats what the fans want" And he took that mentality into the Garcia fight and go KO throwing a weak uppercut, Hunter would probably need a sledge hammer to get his methods through to Khan.

Comment

If he hasnt

learned any type of defense throughouthis amatuer and professional career thus far, he aint gonna learn anything now. Once he's in the ring with a decent to big puncher and his lil delicate chin gets hit, he's gonna wake up with a ref standing over him......

Comment

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck its definitely a dam duck... Amir, you are an idiot but i still like watching your fights and your fiance is soooooooo HOT!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X