• Show
Clear All

• marciano vs liston

who woulda won?
    liston
    44.90%
    marciano
    55.10%

It would be a great fight, Marciano probably had the better chin but Liston had more power, I think Liston was a bit more skilled as well but Marciano had great heart and stamina, I think will overcomes skill in this one, Marciano by late knockout.

Comment

I gotta rocky due to heart

Comment

cnt really add much more on wat every1s sed more heart is the determining factor

Comment

I think a prime Liston tears Marciano up with his jab and long reach. Liston by mid round TKO.

Comment

If Sonny survives Marciano's mini juggernaut surge in the later rounds and avoids his right uppercut, I say Liston takes it by decision. In close I just don't think Liston would be able to break Rocky's iron will and would get mauled. Rocky has faced boxing master's like Ezzard Charles (twice), Jersey Joe Walcott, and Roland La Starza, their skill wasn't enough to deter his heart. That being said, I don't think Sonny has the boxing ability needed to defeat Rocky. If you want to talk power, Marciano took Joe Louis's best shots and still conquered, granted Louis was past his prime but I think Rocky would be able to handle Liston's haymakers. Tough call...but I say Marciano wins 2 of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by deemo View Post
              who woulda won?
              This is a bad match up for Marciano. Liston was too big and powerful.You're looking at a 30 pound weight difference. Liston's jab would cut Marciano's face to shreds. If Walcott and Moore could drop Marciano and cut him, you better believe Liston could. Liston by mid round TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I think a prime Liston tears Marciano up with his jab and long reach. Liston by mid round TKO.
                agreed.

rocky had a 69 in. reach and sonny had what 80? 82?

sonny is too big , much stronger and a bit better skilled.

we're talking about a 190 lb. guy against what 210 prime for prime?

as far as the heart thing. sonny got frustrated by ali's movement. rocky will come right at him.

unless sonny takes a dive he tko's marciano.

Comment

I'm not sure how Liston would deal with Marciano in his face all night taking his shots, even though he was down against Walcott, he wasn't really hurt. Marciano was also pretty good at getting past opponents' jabs and get inside, Liston wasn't exactly a fast guy on his feet either, mentally, I'm not sure if Liston could handle it. I think if Liston wins, it's a TKO on cuts.
                  Last edited by Silencers; 09-22-2008, 04:35 AM.

Comment

i reckon rocky takes this one

hes the smaller man but he is the superior inside fighter and if he stayed inside, pressured liston and didnt let sonny get leverage on those long shots of his rocky would win a decision, he was tough enough and had enough stamina to hang with liston, im sure of it

Comment

Working...
                    X