No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Amir Khan Training Hard For Danny Garcia Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Amir Khan Training Hard For Danny Garcia Clash

Former Amir Khan is training hard in Los Angeles, California with coach Freddie Roach, and strength and conditioning guru Ruben Tabares. Khan is preparing his upcoming fight against undefeated WBC 140-pound champion Danny Garcia, scheduled to take place on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The fight will be televised by HBO. Photos by Emilio Sanchez/Khan Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is this ruben tabares dude and good?

Comment

Freddie should focus on improving Khan's balance. Khan's usually at one extreme or another, either standing too wide or too narrow. He's quick enough to get away with it, but at some point, he's going to get timed and hurt again because of it. We're still a month away from the fight so Amir must be 10-15 pounds above 140, but he's looking pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

Freddie should focus on improving Khan's balance. Khan's usually at one extreme or another, either standing too wide or too narrow. He's quick enough to get away with it, but at some point, he's going to get timed and hurt again because of it. We're still a month away from the fight so Amir must be 10-15 pounds above 140, but he's looking pretty big.
        thats just the tip of the iceberg. khan needs more work than roach can handle to turn him into an elite fighter. and khan doesnt listen, which makes things worse for him. khan should train harder than hes ever trained before, cause swifty is gonna put a hurtin on him

Comment

Khan should blast Garcia.... because Garcia was gifted

Comment

Is it me or are Khan's legs looking really skinny? When Ariza started working with Khan his first priority was to take weight off his upper body and build up his legs. As a result Khan seemed to develop more punch resistance (still not a granite chin but survived that 10th round onslaught from Maidana). I'd hate to think Ruben Tabares has undone this work by making him really top heavy again.

Comment

I'd hate to think Ruben Tabares has undone this work by making him really top heavy again.
              I'd love to think Ruben Tabares has undone this work by making him really top heavy again. It would be great to see Amir falling around on the canvas but I dont think Garcia is the guy to do it. I was far from impressed with his cautious display against a David Diaz leftover.

Comment

he looks in the best shape he's ever been

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Former Amir Khan
                  'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                    I'd love to think Ruben Tabares has undone this work by making him really top heavy again. It would be great to see Amir falling around on the canvas but I dont think Garcia is the guy to do it. I was far from impressed with his cautious display against a David Diaz leftover.
                    Khan does look like he's bulked up a bit. I see that hurting instead of helping him.

Btw...Morales was robbed in the Diaz fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X