No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Explains Why WBC Title Returns To Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Explains Why WBC Title Returns To Hopkins

Regarding the light heavweight defense between WBC world champion Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson, held [last Saturday] in Los Angeles, California, in which the referee declared a second round technical knockout against the champion Hopkins, as he could not continue due to an injury after a push by challenger Dawson, the head offices of the WBC sent videos, medical reports, and the WBC's corresponding rules to the Board of Governors, who unanimously declared the fight a technical draw; therefore, Bernard Hopkins is still the WBC light heavyweight champion of the world.

[Click Here To Read More]

This is the right decision and now Hopkins will retain his title as should have happened that night.

Comment

Seems fair enough just don't have the rematch on PPV.

Comment

We understand that it wasn't a tko but the right thing wasn't done. We are rewarding Hopkins for *****ing out of a fight, a fight where he faked injury and a fight that he didn't want for years and didn't want that night. It's sad that we are rewarding a pu$$y like Bernard Hopkins, a guy that doesn't deserve the belt. I'd say rematch but I wouldn't waste a single moment on this guy. Hopkins may of *****ed out and kept his trinket but he lost more money in the long run. Dude needs to leave the sport of boxing, it's better without him.

Comment

I just have no words for this, it is ridiculous.

Comment

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... now that they made the right decision let's get it on again..

Comment

if anything make it a no NC, not a technical draw.

Comment

fair, should've been ruled like this fight night

Comment

The fight wasn't even past 4 rounds where in the event of a cut or injury, the fight goes to the scorecards.

It was clearly a frustration lift and push.

Dawson clearly is showing no remorse or that it was an accident.

It's so easy and wrong for keyboard warriors to call a professional fighter of over 10,15, 20+ years a coward.

Hopkins IS 46 years old and his body may not hold up as well as it looks. Simple human anatomy and age.

Dawson has no claim to having a WIN, yet alone a TKO over Hopkins and therefor having the title makes no sense.

Hopkins is an inspiration while Chad's demeanor after the fight isn't exactly inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    We understand that it wasn't a tko but the right thing wasn't done. We are rewarding Hopkins for *****ing out of a fight, a fight where he faked injury and a fight that he didn't want for years and didn't want that night. It's sad that we are rewarding a pu$$y like Bernard Hopkins, a guy that doesn't deserve the belt. I'd say rematch but I wouldn't waste a single moment on this guy. Hopkins may of *****ed out and kept his trinket but he lost more money in the long run. Dude needs to leave the sport of boxing, it's better without him.
                    not a reward for Hopkins, more a punishment for Dawson

slamming Hopkins to the ground was risky, whether he faked or not, it was illegal stuff

it is the right decision, but it sukks, sad situation

I wonder if HBO would be interested in a rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X