No announcement yet.

Did not get Garcia's explanation on the press conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
    when has Roach ever attack someone over something they had no control over? ie, Race, Sexuality, Disability etc.

Which is irrelevent! You talk smack people will retaliate thats the way of the world. All this PC garbage is just a lame way to justify a double standard because you obviously have a biased opinion about margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      /\ /\ /\ /\ These kids are from the street, it's the same way i grew up. Not proud of it but it doesn't mean they are bad kids, just rough kids that need to be strong to survive in the world they live in.

I think it's wrong what Marg and Rios did but I also think it's just trying to get back at Roach anyway they know how. Roach has talked a lot of trash (even fro him) in this fight and I'm sure it's gotten under Garcia's and Marg's skin a little bit.

It was wrong and I also think it was a low life thing to do but at the same time, I also think that if you don't want to be talked about, then you yourself should keep your mouth shut.

Sooner or later someone is going to bring something up that everyone thinks is off limits.
      Your explanation to downgrade the reasons as to why Rios and Margarito did what they did is weak. I can understand the socioeconomic chains that come from living in a impoverished area, but to attribute disrespectful behavior to an impoverished area is nothing more than a poor excuse. No matter where you live in the world, there are objective standards of right and wrong that guide behavior. Just because you come from a "tough" neighborhood doesn't give you the right to act like a complete jackass.

I understand that Roach has a big mouth, but his trash talk has been boxing related for the most part. I don't mind the hyping of a fight, but there are certain ethical boundaries that you should not cross.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
        Which is irrelevent! You talk smack people will retaliate thats the way of the world. All this PC garbage is just a lame way to justify a double standard because you obviously have a biased opinion about margarito.
        This should also be applied to Margarito's camp. You just can't shoot anybody who hurts your feelings, you just don't. Just because it's the way of the world, doesn't mean it's okay.

Comment

Irrelevant????? how???? talking smack is fine but its not when a line is crossed with racism, ****phobia and discrimination against disabled people. Surely you must agree with that. I have nothing against Margarito. I am a straight neutral for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Bunch of BS you just typed.

Bad guys never win? Is this your logic?

See OJ Simpson, Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Lawrence Taylor....and the list goes on. I agree it's not good tobe that way in life but the truth is in sports, it makes no difference.

What matters is talent and the way our society is, that's what's more important.
            I don't think Shekwan was implying that bad guys don't win. His opinion had more to do with sportsmanship. I'm sure you played some sort of team ball so I don't think I don’t think I need to elaborate on the subject.

OJ, TO, LT are all HOF's in my book. However compared to other HOF's like Rice, Emmit Smith, and Steve Young are HOF's on and off the field. That’s probably why Young is still on Toyota commercials and Emmits still doing just for men commercials way past their playing days while OJ and LT are enjoying retirement in prison.

Sports is entertainment. What you find entertaining is subjective. If you value flash and brash more power to you. Unfortunately sports is more than just entertainment.

Shekwan, best post of the day bud. Nice change from all the PED trolls on this board.

Comment

And did anyone come out and say they were the ones at fault for OJ simpson or LT??

Not the same thing my friend and I thought you were a smarter poster.
              You missed my point, let's not come on here and start this self righteous stuff about how to be in life and all that other stuff and equate it with success in a physical sport.

There have been many "bad guys" that have been more than successful in sports and their actions or morals have nothing to do with it.

That's all I said. I'm not a bad person, I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying let's not get away from the topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
                Your explanation to downgrade the reasons as to why Rios and Margarito did what they did is weak. I can understand the socioeconomic chains that come from living in a impoverished area, but to attribute disrespectful behavior to an impoverished area is nothing more than a poor excuse. No matter where you live in the world, there are objective standards of right and wrong that guide behavior. Just because you come from a "tough" neighborhood doesn't give you the right to act like a complete jackass.

I understand that Roach has a big mouth, but his trash talk has been boxing related for the most part. I don't mind the hyping of a fight, but there are certain ethical boundaries that you should not cross.
                Dude, I hear you and am in complete agreement with you. I was referring to the kids when I was talking about the neighborhood. I was merely making a point that Garcia isn't the one that made those kids that way, he's just the one's trying to help them.

As for Marg and Rios, there is no excuse and I stated that.

Originally posted by stick&move View Post
                I don't think Shekwan was implying that bad guys don't win. His opinion had more to do with sportsmanship. I'm sure you played some sort of team ball so I don't think I don’t think I need to elaborate on the subject.

OJ, TO, LT are all HOF's in my book. However compared to other HOF's like Rice, Emmit Smith, and Steve Young are HOF's on and off the field. That’s probably why Young is still on Toyota commercials and Emmits still doing just for men commercials way past their playing days while OJ and LT are enjoying retirement in prison.

Sports is entertainment. What you find entertaining is subjective. If you value flash and brash more power to you. Unfortunately sports is more than just entertainment.

Shekwan, best post of the day bud. Nice change from all the PED trolls on this board.
                I get it and I agree but he was saying that their attitudes are a reflexion of their success or failures, which is just nonsense you read in fairy tales. I try to be the best person I can be but that's not going to make me win in a fight vs someone who is better than me, no matter what a douche bag they may be.

Comment

At the final pre-fight press conference for Margarito's fight with Pacquiao, which will be held on Saturday at Cowboys Stadium, Garcia attempted to apologize, saying no one was aware that Roach had Parkinson's.

"I thought he [was shaking] because of the fights that he lost," said Garcia.
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz14yGgVdyN

Worst apology/excuse ever, they are not even man enough to admit it was a bastard move...

Comment

Working...
                  X