Sugar Ray vs Carmen Basilio II highlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray vs Carmen Basilio II highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdnQQ8Gh1o

Made a Highlight to Fight of the Year of 1958 by Ring Magazine.
    Hope you enjoy.

Originally posted by DeadlyOverhand View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdnQQ8Gh1o

Made a Highlight to Fight of the Year of 1958 by Ring Magazine.
    Hope you enjoy.

Good stuff. I particularly like the music selection which wasn't overbearing at all.

We got some people in this section making quality work...thanks to all!

Comment

Nicely done! such high quality really shows the speed of SRR even at the later years of his career.

Comment

One of my all time favourite fights, Carmen Basilio was superhuman that night, he lost the decision and showed unbelievable toughness and stamina, watched every round of this fight over and over again, every time I score the fight I get a different result, Ive had Robinson winning by 5 rounds, then I watch it agaim and score it for Basilio,,,,,,, how the **** do you score a fight like this one. Now, the result is almost meaningless as both became even more legendary after it, in the end its one win apeice and it is totally fair too. the one thing I cant forget is how Basilio fought on and on with his eye in such a terrible state, you'd think that Robinson would have won every round after the eye got bad, in fact Basilio gets better, not worse, oh man he had RESOLVE. ------------------------------------- Anyone ever ask me to name my 5 favourite fighters of all time, Carmen Basilio is always a shoe in, we all know about SRR and most fans know of Carmen, to me he is a SPECIAL great.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          One of my all time favourite fights, Carmen Basilio was superhuman that night, he lost the decision and showed unbelievable toughness and stamina, watched every round of this fight over and over again, every time I score the fight I get a different result, Ive had Robinson winning by 5 rounds, then I watch it agaim and score it for Basilio,,,,,,, how the **** do you score a fight like this one. Now, the result is almost meaningless as both became even more legendary after it, in the end its one win apeice and it is totally fair too. the one thing I cant forget is how Basilio fought on and on with his eye in such a terrible state, you'd think that Robinson would have won every round after the eye got bad, in fact Basilio gets better, not worse, oh man he had RESOLVE. ------------------------------------- Anyone ever ask me to name my 5 favourite fighters of all time, Carmen Basilio is always a shoe in, we all know about SRR and most fans know of Carmen, to me he is a SPECIAL great.
          Where did you get a version of the fight with every round?

I've only seen extended highlights.

Comment

nice highlights, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            X