Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Canelo after jail, is he lineal or RING champ at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd beats Canelo after jail, is he lineal or RING champ at 154?

With how they strip belts and all the politics, I was wondering since Mayweather beat the number one rated junior middleweight in Cotto, and Alvarez is rated 2nd , will Mayweather gain recognition as the lineal or RING champion?

No because Canelo hasn't done anything to give a crown to the person that beats him.

If Floyd wants to be the lineal champ, he must go through a healthy Kirkland, Lara and/or Dzindurik.

Long story short, 154 is too crowded to just beat Canelo and Cotto and call yourself kind of the division. No.

Comment

yes.........

Comment

What if Cotto-Canelo fight first? That would be for the ring title. Or lets say Cotto fight Vanes, that could be for the ring title, according to the new ring rules.

The ring title lost all credibility now that GBP is running the magazine...So for the ring title

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          No because Canelo hasn't done anything to give a crown to the person that beats him.

If Floyd wants to be the lineal champ, he must go through a healthy Kirkland, Lara and/or Dzindurik.

Long story short, 154 is too crowded to just beat Canelo and Cotto and call yourself kind of the division. No.
          Dzinziruk? no, not anymore, Molina, Kirkland, Canelo, and Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            What if Cotto-Canelo fight first? That would be for the ring title. Or lets say Cotto fight Vanes, that could be for the ring title, according to the new ring rules.

The ring title lost all credibility now that GBP is running the magazine...So for the ring title
            whats the new ring rules about being the ring champ?.....tho dont know why they bumped pac down after floyd struggled with cotto, but besides that, what's up?...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Dzinziruk? no, not anymore, Molina, Kirkland, Canelo, and Lara.
              Dzinziruk's only loss was to Sergio, which probably would've been the same fate for anyone else who entered the ring that night at the same weight as Sergio.

He's still solid in my book until proven otherwise.

Comment

Isn't that #1 vs #2 or #3 make you The Ring champion? If that hasn't changed, then yes Mayweather vs Canelo would be for The Ring title.

And if it has to be only #1 vs #2, all Canelo has to really do is just win on September 15th against one of the opponents being mentioned and he'll be bumped up to #2. Then that would make Mayweather vs Canelo in 2013, #1 vs #2, which I would think it's for The Ring title.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  whats the new ring rules about being the ring champ?.....tho dont know why they bumped pac down after floyd struggled with cotto, but besides that, what's up?...
                  Instead of only winning a vacant ring title by the #1 vs #2 in a box-off or in some instance a #1 vs #3.

Now you can also win it if the #1 or #2 fight either #3, #4, or #5 guy in the division.

So the #2 can fight the #5 and win the vacant ring title.

They change that rule cuz' they said they had too many vacant titles...But, I thought that was the point? To have a credible title, that you can only get by fighting the absolute best in the division.

Which I found funny that they don't want vacant titles. While I guess the P4P list integrity can't be hit therefor we need a vacant #1 until the 2 best fight. So to the them a mythical make believe list like P4P is more credible than their actual division titles.

So that's for me anyways, personally myself, when it comes to The Ring. There is a pre-Golden Boy era and a post-Golden Boy era.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Dzinziruk's only loss was to Sergio, which probably would've been the same fate for anyone else who entered the ring that night at the same weight as Sergio.

He's still solid in my book until proven otherwise.
                    What is his record at 154 in the last 3 years and who has beaten in that time frame? So since June 3, 2009-June 4, 2012. What is his record at 154 and who has beaten in that time frame?

We can't be going at what people did yesteryear, 3 years is enough to still have a solid resume...And, he doesn't have one in that time frame. He is not even top 10 at 154 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X