Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people involved with boxing afraid of Bob Arum?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people involved with boxing afraid of Bob Arum?

The question is always asked, but a real answer is never given.

Why are people afraid to stand up to Bob Arum? Why do reporters/media refuse to put him on the spot or ask him difficult questions?

Even things like Alex Ariza threatening to release an article exposing Arum and then backtracking 100% a few days later seems odd to me. Does Arum still have ties to the mob?

Are they afraid of his political power in boxing?

What makes people so afraid to out Arum?
    Last edited by Primera; 05-23-2012, 01:47 AM.

Ariza isn't. Let's see what happens to him.

Comment

I think Ariza is scared in a way. He's the type of guy that throws insults from a safe distance.

What made him change his mind about dropping that slanderous info on Arum? I think Bob has ties to some very shady people

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post

Why are people afraid to stand up to Bob Arum? Why do reporters/media refuse to put him on the spot or ask him difficult questions?

Even things like Alex Ariza threatening to release an article exposing Arum and then backtracking 100% a few days later seems odd to me. Does Arum still have ties to the mob?

I dont think so but you might never know. I think bob arum power comes from long lasting relationship he have built in this buisness. he been around since the 60's so he has very strong buisness relationship with the important people.

Comment

Because if you step up to him he will shut you down quick. Reporters and many other media are wrapped around his fingers, just like his fighters. He might be a weak old man but he carries a lot of power. I think that is obvious. Ariza is a b1tch he never released anything. Arum shut him down that is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post

"Does Arum still have ties to the mob"...That's a real snide, reputation ruining kind of remark, and totally misleading, which I'm sure you already know.

The "mob" was broken as a boxing power nearly 20 years before Arum ever saw a boxing ring. He was a Kennedy tax lawyer, not a front for thugs. I'm not saying this for you because I'm sure you know, but for those who are too lazy to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              "Does Arum still have ties to the mob"...That's a real snide, reputation ruining kind of remark, and totally misleading, which I'm sure you already know.

The "mob" was broken as a boxing power nearly 20 years before Arum ever saw a boxing ring. He was a Kennedy tax lawyer, not a front for thugs. I'm not saying this for you because I'm sure you know, but for those who are too lazy to check it out.
              Are you related to old man Bobby? You seem to go out of your way to defend him in every post. Aren't you the same guy that refuses to acknowledge that Bob Arum has been banned from promoting fights in Arizona and has a history of bribery?

MET WITH & THEN SENT BRIBE MONEY TO LEE

In the mid 1990s, Arum committed a host of Felonies when he admittedly gave then IBF President Bob Lee over $100,000 as a “bribe” to allow George Foreman, then heavyweight champ, to fight Axel Schultz instead of a top contender. He accomplished this by laundering the money through Europe with then booking agent Stan Hoffman. Shortly thereafter, Arum admitted such in a US Dept. of Justice affidavit that was published here at RingTalk.com. The fallout saw Arum fined in a number of states, while unable to promote in Arizona.

ARUM SUED IN LAS VEGAS

Comment

Because Arum scared them with his question.

Arum to reporters: Drink my pee and I'll give you the answer to any question you want?

Reporters: Throw Up

The only reporter that can probably do this is Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

fl-omos and their conspiracy theories

pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

This dude is clearly a top rank hack. Most of the writers and administration around here are blatant with their top rank bias. I gaurantee that this poster will be a moderator or administrator before too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X