No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner-Marcos Maidana: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner-Marcos Maidana: Pre-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - Some don’t care for his antics outside the ring.

Regardless of those reactions, Adrien Broner has quickly figured out how to get both fans and detractors to care about what he does inside the ring. If “The Problem” has one, it is that question marks remain. With 27 wins and belts in three weight classes, there are still questions about just how tested Broner has been.

Saturday night’s main event on Showtime (8 PM EST/5 PM PST) is the next step in answering those questions. Only 24, he’s making his progressions more organically than might be realized given the fog that belts provide.

His run at 130 lbs. didn’t feature much in the way of top-flight competition. It did feature a pair of questionable decision wins on his way up against Fernando Quintero and Daniel Ponce De Leon. It also featured an initial title win against a foe so hapless that Andre Berto and Canelo Alvarez had to wonder why they had it so hard getting their first belts.

Broner’s last three fights have seen [Click Here To Read More]

It's tough to say broner stopping him because Maidana has never been stopped. That being said I have the same feeling that broner will stop him in the later rounds. Too many sharp punches will hurt Maidana. Josesito is average and had Maidana hurt. It will be a good fight but Maidana will finally be stopped.
    Last edited by KennyPowers; 12-14-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Guess the trolls are still sleeping.. I'll recheck this post at noon.

Comment

"The fledgling **** star knows how to use his feet for space."

Last edited by MindBat; 12-14-2013, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          "The fledgling **** star knows how to use his feet for space."

Hahaha yeah, that line came outta nowhere. Funny though. I guess CRold at least saw it and is putting him on blast. I really hope Maidana pushes Broner to the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            Hahaha yeah, that line came outta nowhere. Funny though. I guess CRold at least saw it and is putting him on blast. I really hope Maidana pushes Broner to the edge.
            Rold stole that from Doug Fischer. Dougie's been calling AB "****star" for awhile now.

Comment

While everything written about AB's run at 130 was accurate. It is worth pointing out that the reason he fought a no-hoper for a vacant belt is because Ricky Burns dropped the belt to avoid fighting AB, who was his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Rold stole that from Doug Fischer. Dougie's been calling AB "****star" for awhile now.
                I didn't steal anything, though I doubt I'm the first to make the joke.

And I did NOT see that movie. I'm shocked so many have.

Comment

Stupid Assessment Of These Two; Maidana Will KO Boner

Paulie Mags gave Boner all kinds of problems, and got screwed out of a decision. Boner is in trouble tonight. Maidana wants this fight too bad. He will stop Boner. Then lets listen to the clowns post fight conference.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    I didn't steal anything, though I doubt I'm the first to make the joke.

And I did NOT see that movie. I'm shocked so many have.
                    My apaologies.

BTW, I haven't seen the movie either.

Comment

Working...
                    X