Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Stevens: Ola Afolabi To Return To The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Stevens: Ola Afolabi To Return To The Ring

Cruiserweight contender Ola Afolabi (19-3-4, 9KOs) is slated to return on November 2nd at The Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. Afolabi will be part of the Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens undercard. Afolabi last fought in the month of June, losing a twelve round majority decision to WBO cruiserweight king Marco Huck of Germany. It was Afolabi's third meeting with Huck since 2009.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What? So he's going to be fighting a month after too?
    I thought he was in that CW tournament in Monnaco next month too

Comment

Hopefully they match him with a live opponent. If so, K2 is putting together a nice little undercard here. Mago-Perez and Ola-Top 15 CW? would be very fun to watch

Comment

I can't remember. Was Ola Afolabi robbed in one of those Huck fights? (or both?)

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I can't remember. Was Ola Afolabi robbed in one of those Huck fights? (or both?)
          They were all close fights, apart from the last one where Huck clearly won..
          No robberies IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            He had a case for the nod in the draw. The 2 he lost were the right decision in my opinion - but they were still very close fights albeit the 3rd was the clearest.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
              Hopefully they match him with a live opponent. If so, K2 is putting together a nice little undercard here. Mago-Perez and Ola-Top 15 CW? would be very fun to watch
              He's rumoured to fight Poland's Łukasz Janik (26-1, 14 KO)- really tough but mediocre (at best) fighter. It's hardly top 15..

Comment

GGG all the way!!! Can't wait to see him in the ring!!

Comment

Working...
                X