Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Couture proved that MMA blows Boxing away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started reading this thread and got bored with how dumb it is by pg. 2...

I think we have discussed this over and over... That fight proves nothing. And until we see Couture get in a ring with Toney (which I doubt will happen because I'm sure he knows Toney will whip him 8 ways stupid), it will probably keep stupid fans like this, making stupid posts like this. I don't think ANYONE will deny that.

To each his own and it's said a million times already, both of these sports are different and one in the others element will most likely lose. Give it up already.

For me: The Sweet Science > MMA (The Sweet Science is Boxing for an MMA fan that doesn't know the term)

I gotta go read some real boxing threads... I'm just mad now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mruiz9 View Post
        I started reading this thread and got bored with how dumb it is by pg. 2...

I think we have discussed this over and over... That fight proves nothing. And until we see Couture get in a ring with Toney (which I doubt will happen because I'm sure he knows Toney will whip him 8 ways stupid), it will probably keep stupid fans like this, making stupid posts like this. I don't think ANYONE will deny that.

To each his own and it's said a million times already, both of these sports are different and one in the others element will most likely lose. Give it up already.

For me: The Sweet Science > MMA (The Sweet Science is Boxing for an MMA fan that doesn't know the term)

I gotta go read some real boxing threads... I'm just mad now.
        Couldn't agree more, green rep'd

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
          what should he have done?
          if he wanted to prove a point, he should've showcased a little of everything. some kicking. some wrestling. some jujitsu. and he should've showed toney he could box a little bit too. he didn't have to slug it out w/ toney, but at least let toney throw a punch.

it's a 3 round fight right?

1st round he could've wrestled and ground-n-pound toney to get him winded (easily done because toney is a lard-ass).

2nd round, after he got toney tired, he could've used some kicking to hurt toney's legs... break him down. couture would be in no danger because he probably has better foot movement than toney's fat-ass and toney would have no opportunity if couture could keep the fight at long distance.

3rd round, once toney is gassed and breathing with an open mouth and barely standing on some wobbly legs, couture could do what he wants using superior mobility to avoid toney's counters... move in, throw a few combos, move out. in this round he should try for the KO, but if he can't within 3 minutes, he should go for a submission.

Now that is real dominance and really showcases everything an mma fighter can do.

Toney isn't even a one-punch KO guy. Toney isn't a pressure fighter. Toney is a counterpuncher, and with his fat ass, he can barely manage 1 counterpunch per exchange.

Couture didn't prove anything except if a wrestler gets a boxer on the ground, its over.

Comment

what should he have done?
            in a real fight its better to lose like toney did then get knocked out. thats why its better to know how to strike then wrestle

Comment

james was bleeding. damn, those mma guys got some power.
              man, you can pick your nose and get a nose bleed.

****... the air temperature can change and you can get a nose bleed.

Comment

This thread sucks so bad.

Point to a sanctioned fight between two people.

Don't compare the two sports they're apples and oranges.

You suck, You suck, You suck, You suck, You suck, You suck, You suck.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

haha I would like to see a MMA fighter get into boxing, interesting to see how long he gets his ass whopped. Congrats beating a fat washed up Toney in a completely different sport proves that MMA owns boxing. MMA will never have the rich history like boxing, and Dana White talks **** about boxing all the time whilst claiming he's a boxing fan. They are two different sports, get over it.

Comment

Working...
                  X