No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux Won't beat Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Donaire doesn't handle boxers well at all as someone said, but the guy is not a media hype. He's beaten every type of fighter there is, has ATG power especially for the weight and he's as clean as you can get away with anyway which is good enough for me. He's a special fighter, I think he could surpass Manny as the best Filipino fighter if he keeps going as he is. He fights more often, has beaten more styles than Manny but Manny has beaten GREATS hard for Donaire to top that.

Anyway, Rigo will make it a boring ugly fight and he could win by running his ass off. But I doubt it, Donaire is special as I stated before he'll win without a doubt.
    How does he fight more often? Maybe last year, but since 2008 Donaire has had 12 fights and Manny has had eleven. Arce pushed Donaire ahead. In the three years prior, Manny had the edge in activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      Is this fight 100% confirmed? I see Rigo taking this fight. They are both great fighters but Donair has been taken the distance by lesser fighters than Rigo.
      And Rigo has been taken the distance by? Pretty terrible argument, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Donaire got outboxed by weakass Mathebula...you don't even wanna see how bad Donaire will look waiting on that left hook while Rigo points away banking round after round...
        412 billion on Donaire. Hope you stand by your statement and bet.

Comment

Mathebula is 5 foot 11 no? He was a champ and was very long and tall to hit easily.

Rigo is the perfect size to land on for Donaire. You watch him get plankquiao'd. He is too fast on his feet which lead to him dropping vs Cordoba.

Comment

Rigo's punch resistance is his only liability. I think if he remains 100% focused, he's gonna be a headache for Nonito to land on. What Rigo needs to do is make Nonito force the action. Once that happens, the counter-punch opportunities will open and I have my suspicion that Donaire can't take it to the body.

Comment

I don't even think it's gonna be close. Nonito is going to smoke Rigo out, I see a higlight reel KO after dominating the Cuban.

Rigo's chin is his downfall, and he can be hit. Nonito is a special talent.

Comment

As a fan, this fight gives me a woody.

With that said, I can see this fight going multiple ways. Rigo's chin being suspect isn't a huge factor to me. NO one can really walk through one of Nonito's clean shots, especially that left hook.

Rigo is as slick as they come. VERY hard to hit. But that's mainly because he's super cautious fighter. What really puts Rigo in danger is the fact that he's a southpaw, has a "jump in" type of offensive style when he does get aggressive and Donaire has a NASTY left hook. Donaire's left hook is picture perfect for Rigo and if he catches him, the fight is over.

Both fighters are excellent counter-punchers but Donaire is just as comfortable with creating offense. I think Rigo is capable of doing this, but doesn't seem as comfortable doing so as a Pro. Rigo would have to step out of his comfort zone to beat Donaire and like I said, that could open him up for the KO. But the bogey is I honestly don't think Rigo has shown all that he's capable of as a pro. The fight likely comes down to Rigo doing so which I think he is capable of doing. The other bogey is Rigo's body punching.

There are so many ways this fight could play out. I actually think Rigo is a tougher opponent than Mares for Donaire. I am excited as hell for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                  I don't even think it's gonna be close. Nonito is going to smoke Rigo out, I see a higlight reel KO after dominating the Cuban.

Rigo's chin is his downfall, and he can be hit. Nonito is a special talent.
                  Good analysis mate

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Donaire got outboxed by weakass Mathebula...you don't even wanna see how bad Donaire will look waiting on that left hook while Rigo points away banking round after round...
                      Saw that coming
                      Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X